Plugin Format AUv3 on iOS

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi U-He,

Is there any plan to release your plugins as AUv3 format on iOS?
Would be brilliant!

J*

bump

There are no plans to support any mobile platforms at this time.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote: ↑Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:28 pm There are no plans to support any mobile platforms at this time.
Interesting as many devs are active on iOS now...probably because it is a walled garden and makes piracy difficult, if not impossible.

Define "many devs". I'd say it's still a very small part among all the plugin vendors out there.

EvilDragon wrote: ↑Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 pm Define "many devs". I'd say it's still a very small part among all the plugin vendors out there.
I have seen apps by numerous major devs and hundreds of smaller ones. It seems lot more new synths are being introduced on iOS than on Win and Mac these days.

tony10000 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pmIt seems lot more new synths are being introduced on iOS than on Win and Mac these days.
If I was sneaky, I would take this as an indicator that developing for iOS/Android takes so much time, companies lose track of their core business (desktop software).

Urs wrote: ↑Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 am
tony10000 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pmIt seems lot more new synths are being introduced on iOS than on Win and Mac these days.
If I was sneaky, I would take this as an indicator that developing for iOS/Android takes so much time, companies lose track of their core business (desktop software).
While that may be true, I kind of doubt it. I am seeing desktop devs getting sick of the rampant piracy and are either cutting back development or throwing in the towel.

At the same time, mobile app development is really taking off and there are numerous major players in the mix. If it isn't profitable, I don't think so many major companies would be involved:

Steinberg, Yamaha, Roland, Akai, Arturia, Reason Studios, Fab Filter, Novation/Ampify, UVI, Image Line, Moog, PPG, Sugar Bytes, KV331, Audio Damage, etc.

Take a look at the current landscape:

http://retronyms.com/audiounits/

https://audiob.us/apps/

I can't speculate about the motives of other companies to go mobile.

I just know it doesn't interest me. Anything that further delays our anyway busy schedule is better avoided. That includes hiring and training people with experience in mobile app development.

Urs wrote: ↑Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:09 am I can't speculate about the motives of other companies to go mobile.

I just know it doesn't interest me. Anything that further delays our anyway busy schedule is better avoided. That includes hiring and training people with experience in mobile app development.
I certainly understand your situation.

I guess what I am trying to say is mobile is the future of music production. That doesn't mean that the market for computer-based DAWs, instruments, effects, and tools is going away.

Mobile devices are everywhere and it is an expanding (not shrinking) market. Everyone has one or more these days. And many musicians see the value to making music on their cell phones and tablets and having the ability to export the results to computer based DAWs for completion. Some are actually using tablets exclusively (ex. Henny Tha Bizness).

tony10000 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:16 amI am trying to say is mobile is the future of music production.
I figured. I just don't agree with the assessment.

tony10000 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:16 am I guess what I am trying to say is mobile is the future of music production.
I don't see any indication for that.

I don't think it's the future of music production, no. You can't have decent monitoring when you're out on a meadow. :)

Urs wrote: ↑Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:29 am
tony10000 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:16 amI am trying to say is mobile is the future of music production.
I figured. I just don't agree with the assessment.
At one point, folks said that about latop computers as well. LOL. The devices will evolve and improve. And it is interesting that Apple is working on allowing iOS apps to run in Apple OS.

Laptop computers are not the standard in music production either. ;)

Computers or mobile devices for default home use are a different story.

Return to β€œu-he”