Zebra 3 feature suggestions

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

skottish wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:59 pm Sound wise, I want Zebra3 to be Zebra2 with all of its components updated to u-he's current abilities. Imagine a Zebra2 with Repro's presence. That's it, the perfect instrument.
That would be an incredible instrument!!

VitaminD wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 pm My feature request is just to release the thing already.

It has been talked up for years, I've been waiting for it for years. Analysis paralysis seems to be in play. Maybe take what has been suggested, what is already on the team's mind, merge and filter the two and stop taking requests. Anything left over can be a 3.5 version or a 4 sometime in 2030 or beyond :hihi:
It's not really about that. Urs' has explained in a previous post the chain of events as to why it's taken so long. There's simply too much work that they have to do and as soon as they get through it, suddenly there's more work to be done.

skottish wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:59 pm Sound wise, I want Zebra3 to be Zebra2 with all of its components updated to u-he's current abilities. Imagine a Zebra2 with Repro's presence. That's it, the perfect instrument.
+1

Dear Urs, It would be truly amazing if it was possible to have Zebrify HZ (in Zebra 2, or at least in Zebra 3) main reason for me to dream about that are resonator modules, or maybe its possible to release resonator as an uhbik-q? Or a separate plugin

That would indeed be neat, i second that

lukalebanidze wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:48 pm...maybe its possible to release resonator as a (snip) separate plugin
I'd like that :)

Of course that wouldn't be equivalent to having the resonator built into the synth, as this makes them react to modulation organically, if programmed carefully.

A Resonator Uhbik, or a standalone Resonator, could be cool indeed. I'm imaging a mod matrix like the newer U-he effects where bands can be modulated by an Envelope follower, key trigger, LFO's...Howard, do you happen to know anyone over at U-he you can talk to? ;)

Ahem, Howard WORKS at u-he. :hihi:

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:41 pm Ahem, Howard WORKS at u-he. :hihi:
Oh, I know. That's why I put the wink in. Maybe Howard can get a standalone resonator effect "on the list" so to speak, if it's not already.

FET: Requested already (actually a year or two ago). No promises possible... you know how it is!

My top feature requests would be
-Additional modelled osc's , real osc sync (master : slave ) , crossmod :tu: , that also do linear fm
-More fm operators ( perhaps with an additional separate routing matrix for dx7 algo's )
-Better overall matrix routings ( input , output...2d cables ?? )
-Better partial editor ( imho the least pleasant part of zebra to work in )
- Feedback routings :clap:
-vector graphics ( runs for cover ..... )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 pm -vector graphics ( runs for cover ..... )
ZebraHZ is mostly or entirely vector based if I remember correctly.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:28 am
really? it looks so awfully similar to Zebra2. And Plugmon said he's working on neumann for HZ.
I find this hard to believe - for zebraHZ to have an entirely different GUI backend to every other u-he plugin

You guys ever think this thread is why Zebra3 is taking so long ??

Lol
:borg:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:28 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 pm -vector graphics ( runs for cover ..... )
I don't think so , they are still bitmap based .
Everything by Tal(commercial stuff ) , cytomic the glue , madrona labs aalto are good examples of vector based synths/ filters .
The only absence in those examples are Faux wood and grainny surfaces :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “u-he”