Skinning Diva: Changing Colours

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know how the colour of the display texts in Diva can be changed? In the script, I only see "DisplayText" (line 85) and "BrightDisplayText" (line 99). Changing values here does have an effect, but not on all the displays. For instance, the colour of the display texts in the ARP panel (and others) remains unaltered.

Also, how do I change the colour of the rectangle that is underlying the name of the current patch in the browser?

And, OT: What is the idea/concept behind LEDs changing their colours depending on the patch? Does this indicate the synthesis model that was used to create the sound?

Some controls are menus and might be using a different color.

LEDs changing their color is just a gimmick. You can use it to discern between certain patch types, or Diva instances, or whatever...

Thanks for your answer, EvilDragon.
The colours for the GUI elements I mentioned can indeed be changed in the script. I tried changing ALL the colours in the script, and this had an effect on the all the display texts and this browser-patch-rectangle (and many more elements). The thing is: I do not know the names of the parameters (two - as I said - are "DisplayText" and "BrightDisplayText").
And, by the way: What does "Wire C1", "Wire C2", etc mean? What are those?

Talking about the LED colours: So, can they be saved as part of a patch? How do you do this? How can I influence their behaviour?

There's Colour knob right on the GUI, this is how you change the LED colors. And yes it is stored per patch. :)

Wire C1 etc. is used for wire colors in some other u-he plugins (ACE, Bazille), these are not applicable to Diva.

I've just checked the script, you need to change defaultText color for those menus. It was pretty easy, I was searching for text label 'Octaves', right above it is CONTROL type='Display' (=dropdown menu) that is hooked up to arp parameter 'Oct', and you could see that one of the colors is defaultText.

Yes, "defaultText", that's it! I also found the LED Colour knob you mentioned (I wouldn't have noticed it, tbh).
Thanks a lot, EvilDragon, you've been a great help! :tu:

Return to “u-he”