Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Thanks, Urs! 🙂

Hive is bordering on sampler territory. I've been running random samples through it. I've been getting some cool basses from kicks. Also given the right settings you can get some almost accurate playback.

Seriously I've come across so many cool usable results that I'm considering just putting my whole sample library in the Hive wavetable folder!

Thank you for the excellent free update!

It's probably out there somewhere, but how long will the EUR119 price be available? I'm in the middle of some other transaction right now but would hate to miss this :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:11 pm It's probably out there somewhere, but how long will the EUR119 price be available? I'm in the middle of some other transaction right now but would hate to miss this :)
I think January 20th is set as the last day.

Urs wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:11 pm It's probably out there somewhere, but how long will the EUR119 price be available? I'm in the middle of some other transaction right now but would hate to miss this :)
I think January 20th is set as the last day.

my birthday :party:

Thanks for the amazing update.

Seems on Windows 10 (in Bitwig) the vst3-version has issues finding the presets ... vst2 does not show those issues.

who to browse only the version 1.2-presets? is there a way?

thanks
best

steff3 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:45 pm Thanks for the amazing update.

Seems on Windows 10 (in Bitwig) the vst3-version has issues finding the presets ... vst2 does not show those issues.

who to browse only the version 1.2-presets? is there a way?

thanks
best
For the bitwig issue -> please contact support at u-he dot com

Browsing just the new presets (which all feature wavetables): Go to Presets -> Tags and select the wavetable tag. There you go!

Urs, Thank you very much man. I only just found out about this update via the audio plugin guy group on FB. Not sure why I didn't get an email about it, but anyway, I just installed the update. As great as the addition of wavetables are, I thought it was only wavetables, but no, you overhauled the preset browser, gave us X/Y controls, 500 new sounds, so its a massive update, and it's brilliant. Just playing around with it as I write this, and it's a lot of fun. Everything sounds usable and inspiring, which is the whole point. Super-tweakable, and best of all....you made it free, so huge thanks !!!

While I'm here, if you plan on updating Bazille anytime soon, I'd be so happy if you could optimize the amount of CPU it uses as I have a 2,8ghz quad core desktop with 8gb of ram, and couldn't play some patches on Bazille without it stuttering. I had the chords in a pattern and was just flicking through presets, and had to bounce in place to actually hear the patch.
Further Bazille optimization is no.1 on my wishlist, but big big thanks for the work you're doing on everything else. U-He Rocks !!!

Have a great Christmas Urs, and I wish U-He great success in 2019 !!!

Thank you!
2NDMOUSE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:56 pmNot sure why I didn't get an email about it
It'll be sent tomorrow :)

But again, please remember I copied the wavetables over, not using symbolic links.
Which are you using?
I copied it over too. not using symbolic links.

Iva wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:13 pm
But again, please remember I copied the wavetables over, not using symbolic links.
Which are you using?
I copied it over too. not using symbolic links.
Can you reach the other folders with the arrow keys (i.e. not the menu)?

I'm fairly certain you simply have so many files, it exceeds the memory we allocate for our menus... how do you browse this in other synths? Are there menus too?

This is a damn fine update... Thanks team u-he :tu:

Customer approaching question ;)
Why there is no thread in Instruments? Not everybody is sitting in this sub-forum.
Last edited by david.beholder on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

Return to “u-he”