Zebra HZ v2.8 update. Any ETA yet?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@vvilms Love it! Any chance you might share the patch ?
vvilms wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 am zebra hz patch performance:
https://youtu.be/cL7QKP3UokA
It gets much more insane the more notes you play, but alas. I am no Lubomyr Melnyk. :help:

Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 pm I would think HZ is the main beta tester :wink:
I think HZ uses a special alpha-sized beta.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 pm I would think HZ is the main beta tester :wink:
doubt it, he just plays the presets HS make for him in ZHZ

AnX wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:14 amhe just plays the presets HS make for him in ZHZ
LOL, you don't know the first thing about HZ.

germans/humour

guess it's true :lol:

must be

Haha! ... preset humor.
I have many such routines installed. Right now I am using my play-on-words routine.

@Urs Has instance load time for Mac been improved ?

Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:12 am @Urs Has instance load time for Mac been improved ?
People out there experience the craziest of things. Problems with harddrive access, anti virus software, file system formats, backup solutions, whatnot. While loading time and UI opening time were always good on my system, I can't foresee if we have had success dealing with individual quirks here and there.

Example: One of our guys has slow UI drawing issues on his laptop. But when he attaches an external display with a higher resolution, the drawing issues go away. We can only write to the hardware manufacturer but there's not much we can do ourselves.

Anyhow, as ZHZ 2.8 UI is largely vector based, fewer assets have to be loaded. This would bring a 10 second opening time down to maybe 6-8 seconds. Loads of other things have been done over the years which might or might not impact loading times.

I guess we have to wait and see how it goes...

Cheers Urs. Just something that I have always noticed. Certainly can live with it either way.

What are the skin options in the new version btw ? I seen the one you previously posted (which I will certainly try) and is the original blue with stripes still available ?

Any new filters or is that reserved for Z3 ?
Urs wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 am
Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:12 am @Urs Has instance load time for Mac been improved ?
People out there experience the craziest of things. Problems with harddrive access, anti virus software, file system formats, backup solutions, whatnot. While loading time and UI opening time were always good on my system, I can't foresee if we have had success dealing with individual quirks here and there.

Example: One of our guys has slow UI drawing issues on his laptop. But when he attaches an external display with a higher resolution, the drawing issues go away. We can only write to the hardware manufacturer but there's not much we can do ourselves.

Anyhow, as ZHZ 2.8 UI is largely vector based, fewer assets have to be loaded. This would bring a 10 second opening time down to maybe 6-8 seconds. Loads of other things have been done over the years which might or might not impact loading times.

I guess we have to wait and see how it goes...

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:00 ammust be
Took me awhile to get used to the British/Ozzie humor online too. In words, it just doesn’t come across; too dry.

perpetual3 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 pm
Urs wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:00 ammust be
Took me awhile to get used to the British/Ozzie humor online too. In words, it just doesn’t come across; too dry.
Hah! Yeah, similarly, it took me a while to truly appreciate bad humor. There's just something magical about it.
Especially computer issues! This is some of the best, bad humor of our era.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just wondering if a Zebra 3 Special Edition is a consideration, something like Zebra HZ but a version 3 version, that might include more specialized filters or other bells and whistles? I'm only asking because I'm wondering how much compromised the Zebra 3 filters will be in order to be efficient compared the diva filters in Zebra HZ. Anyway, I kinda like the idea of a kind of extreme version of Zebra.
<List your stupid gear here>

AFAIK, no. Z3 will have filters just as good if not better than Diva, and IIRC Urs mentioned that voice handling and mod matrix will be overhauled for Z3 so that it enables multicore across the board, which will definitely help.

Yes. As you can see with Repro-5, we have tackled ModMatrices with Multicore support - that was one of the major stepping stones for Z3. It's too hard to bring those back into the old software, but it'll always be in all new things we do.

Return to “u-he”