Freestyle feedback

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:50 pm It seems that Freestyle only shows one plugin when there are automapped versions, and is randomly picking to either load the automap version of a plugin, or the original non-automap version.
Check Beta 1.5022 which addresses this.

Something is definitely weird here. Trying this latest beta, Steinberg still doesn't show up as vendor and HALion 6 still doesn't have its thumbnail made. Not even when I go Update thumbnail, manually...

Hmm- OK Ed I'll let James know.

Wow, cool to see updates so quickly! I'm currently just evaluating the demo, have these changes been added there? I guess probably not yet eh?

YesI think Automap is fixed in 1.5022.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:33 pm Wow, cool to see updates so quickly! I'm currently just evaluating the demo, have these changes been added there? I guess probably not yet eh?
The demo is still v1.4, but if you want to try the 1.5 you can download it as a demo from the User Area. You would just need to make a user account for that.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Cool, I'll give it a try.

One other thing - It seems that the controls in all the products don't work properly with a touch screen. Is there a settings that can fix this? I've seen this in a few plugins before where touching the controls makes it shoot up to full or down to null too quickly and it's impossible to control. Those often have a setting to enable that changes the behavior.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:04 pm One other thing - It seems that the controls in all the products don't work properly with a touch screen. Is there a settings that can fix this?
You can try disabling 'Relative Mouse' in the Setup -> UI page.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:08 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:04 pm One other thing - It seems that the controls in all the products don't work properly with a touch screen. Is there a settings that can fix this?
You can try disabling 'Relative Mouse' in the Setup -> UI page.
That did the trick, thanks! Also the ability to select the version is great! Well done!

Here's something: In standalone when I try to set the audio to my audio interface (Steinberg UR44), Freestyle crashes.

So when I select the version of a plugin to use, it seems that it does not stick for next time I load it. Is there a way to have it remember the version to use?

Another issue - Only the first 8 letters of a macro is shown as the name in the DAW. Surely it can be longer? All the name are getting cut off.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:03 pm Here's something: In standalone when I try to set the audio to my audio interface (Steinberg UR44), Freestyle crashes.
Ouch. To look into that I would need to look into a log file. I will PM you about how to turn on logging. Thanks.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:52 pm So when I select the version of a plugin to use, it seems that it does not stick for next time I load it. Is there a way to have it remember the version to use?
If you recall the project it will of course recall the one that was used (Freestyle first recalls by path, if that fails it will look-up the plugin in the plugin database by its UID).

I guess you mean that after using the version selector to select your automap version, the next time you insert that plugin it doesn't use the automap by default? To be honest, I don't think we will put any effort into improving that, as I dont think it will be trivial, and this is frankly a fringe use-case (where two different plugins have the same vendor, name and UID). Basically its only going to happen with wrapped automap plugins, and automap is now discontinued AFAIK anyway.

TL;DR: no :D
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:55 pm Another issue - Only the first 8 letters of a macro is shown as the name in the DAW. Surely it can be longer? All the name are getting cut off.
Indeed, VST2.4 parameter names are restricted to 8 characters. That's just how the VST protocol is.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “New Sonic Arts”