Convert to Nuance- sound design heaven

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a great video explaining the often over-looked feature 'Convert to Nuance' in Freestyle"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzoS6AlICM

Since Nuance allows Round robin now, this convert to nuance function just needs a setting to select # of round robin samples. It’s just this and time stretch that I’m waiting for in order to purchase Nuance. Will be great for designing drum hit sounds among other things. But needs to RR to avoid machine gun and capture voice variations in the patch.

Do you mean before conversion, select the number of round robins you want to generate?

As a Nuance user there are so many other reasons to purchase. It's my go-to sampler these days.

pinki wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:58 pm Do you mean before conversion, select the number of round robins you want to generate?
Yes exactly. You wouldn't be able to select # of round robins to generate after it had been sampled! ;)
As a Nuance user there are so many other reasons to purchase. It's my go-to sampler these days.
For me I have Bitwig Sampler which is quite good and integrated into Bitwig. And then I also use Tal Sampler for it's simple time stretch and vintage vibe. Plus I have Kontakt but use it mostly for pre-made instruments. Also both Tal Sampler and Bitwig Sampler are MPE compatible. So Nuance isn't offering me anything I don't have from them. I can already use samples from Freestyle's conversion in my other samplers. But I do like that you can go back to the original instrument if you want from a converted Nuance instrument, however I'd want to have round robin sampling to use Nuance much for instruments. Also time stretch will be big so as not to need every key if it has rhythmic elements. Right now in that case I'd use the converted samples in Tal Sampler or Kontakt.

I understand that timestretch is being worked on this year so that's great. Round Robin already exists in Nuance so I can't imagine it would be a huge change to capture RR in the instrument freeze in freestyle? Hope not.

But yeah once time stretch comes along and if there was RR for converted instruments in Freestyle, then I would probably use Nuance for most things.

OK, I'll make sure James sees this.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”