Freestyle Feature Requests

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

Would love true stereo manipulation by separation of input/outputs... instant buy.

Explain a bit more please!

I think he might've meant mid/side processing or something like that.

OK thanks ED...not on the road plan as far as I know but I can check.

Just demoing but the firs thing I thought I would like is morphing between snapshots. For example an XY grid where you assign a snapshot to each corner and morph between them, or like old NI Kore where you could morph between 8 snapshots. I can't believe NI discontinued their coolest product. Oh well, Freestyle could jump in and grab as many of those cool features that NI left behind in Kore.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:20 am Just demoing but the firs thing I thought I would like is morphing between snapshots. For example an XY grid where you assign a snapshot to each corner and morph between them, or like old NI Kore where you could morph between 8 snapshots.
This feature is on its way at some point relatively soon. I have tried it and as a Kore fan myself, I can tell you you are going to love it!

pinki wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:23 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:20 am Just demoing but the firs thing I thought I would like is morphing between snapshots. For example an XY grid where you assign a snapshot to each corner and morph between them, or like old NI Kore where you could morph between 8 snapshots.
This feature is on its way at some point relatively soon. I have tried it and as a Kore fan myself, I can tell you you are going to love it!
Well it sounds like I probably have a new purchase to make!

2 new requests:

-Please send through the macro values to the host as well as the name. If possible to pass through the original parameter unit when only one parameter is assigned, that would be amazing, otherwise just the macro %. Interestingly, I see that Freestyle already behaves this way in terms of the value readout in the upper right corner with it's own devices. For example, if a macro is assigned to a mixer level, the readout shows the gain in db, but as soon as the range is adjusted to less than full, or a second destination is added, the readout changes to %. This is perfect and it would be great if it worked that way for VST parameters as well. And passed the values of the macro readout to the host/DAW.

-If possible, please allow feedback routing so that interesting effect chains could be made with this. Ableton Send effects track can be sent to themselves for example and you can make cool dub delay effects with other effects in the feedback chain.

Noted!

VST3 support is missing, as far as i can see. But i'm not 100% sure about this, because i've installed a wrapper for this.

aquilyzer wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:20 pm VST3 support is missing, as far as i can see. But i'm not 100% sure about this, because i've installed a wrapper for this.
Hi - you will need to point Freestyle to your VST3 folder in the 'Setup' area. Go to 'File' and then the 'VST' tab below. Add your folder here.

h2ogun99 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:36 am Hi - you will need to point Freestyle to your VST3 folder in the 'Setup' area. Go to 'File' and then the 'VST' tab below. Add your folder here.
Already have. When i removed the wrapper it doesn't detect any VST3 for me. So native VST3 support seems to be missing.

I would like to be able to rename audio and MIDI inputs and outputs, so that it's easier to know what is what.

Please let us have macros without needing to map them to parameters within Freestyle. I like to use Freestyle as a midi cc source to control host devices that can't be loaded into it. Currently I use freestyle mixer devices as dummy controls to have macros, but it would be nice not to require any devices to map to.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:30 pm Please let us have macros without needing to map them to parameters within Freestyle. I like to use Freestyle as a midi cc source to control host devices that can't be loaded into it. Currently I use freestyle mixer devices as dummy controls to have macros, but it would be nice not to require any devices to map to.
I'm not sure that's what Freestyle is designed to do?..but I can pass it on.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”