Freestyle feedback

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems like the plugin search field doesn't work at all when in Structure view after any plugin is inserted into the structure. Can't click on it to start typing the search term at all.

W10, v1.4.304, both standalone and plugin.

EDIT: Hm, looks like it's only unavailable if we have a plugin selected in the structure view. This is highly unintuitive, we should be able to search for plugins regardless of which object is selected in the structure.

OK noted..

This is resolved in 1.5003 I believe but please check.

Confirmed fixed - thank you!

Free VSTi Surge seems to hard crash Freestyle when trying to load it (but it scans properly). You can get it from here: https://surge-synthesizer.github.io/

Also for some reason, Steinberg HALion 6 shows up in the plugin browser under "No Vendor", and no thumbnail, but it loads fine...

OK ED noted..

The Surge bug is fixed and will be in 1.5.013

The vendor name is not a bug, just what is reported and some plugins don't fill out the fields.

Now posted to NSA User Area.

pinki wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:59 pm The Surge bug is fixed and will be in 1.5.013

The vendor name is not a bug, just what is reported and some plugins don't fill out the fields.
Sure but even if I type the vendor and plugin name manually through Edit Properties, it doesn't stick...

Also Halion 6 vendor and plugin name are correctly recognized in Reaper and Kore 2...?

Same thing seems to happen with Melodyne VST2 as well... It is properly recognized in all other hosts.

Surge loads now, thanks! But there's a bug now when closing the Surge GUI, its window goes behind the program and stays active... This stacks up on every open/close of the plugin... Is this down to the plugin or is FS doing something weird here?

OK ..standby

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:28 pm Surge loads now, thanks! But there's a bug now when closing the Surge GUI, its window goes behind the program and stays active... This stacks up on every open/close of the plugin... Is this down to the plugin or is FS doing something weird here?
We are aware of this but this seems to be a Surge issue. I looked into it but couldn't see any explanation on the Freestyle side. It just doesn't respond as expected to the effEditClose VST call. I reported it to the Surge issues list.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Thank you, James!

(It's still weird that Halion 6 is properly recognized in other hosts and can generate a thumbnail - for example FL20 - but not in Freestyle... And Freestyle doesn't save my custom vendor/plugin name for it either!)

halion-6.png
Seems to be working fine here, with Halion 6 (2.7.10.18)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Weird. I have that same version, but it doesn't show up like that.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”