Freestyle Feature Requests

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

All Freestyle FR here please

One thing I find quite annoying in long-term usage with all NSA products is the fade-in/out of all popups and dialogs. Can we please have an option to remove all of these so that they show up and disappear instantly? It would also be great if the browsers had some inertia when using the mousewheel, see internet browsers.

Another thing - can anybody tell me where the grabbing area for the scrollbar here is? It is virtually impossible to see it because it is overlapped with the right edge of the plugin thumbnails. Please give it some more padding so that the grabbing area of the scrollbar is ALWAYS unobstructed.

Also please add some way of renaming plugin vendors and plugin names. :)

Hi ED
..graphics are generally getting tweaked and improved at this time so duly noted. Regarding renaming, not sure on that so I'll let devs know your request.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:29 am Also please add some way of renaming plugin vendors and plugin names. :)
Actually this is imminent..

pinki wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:55 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:29 am Also please add some way of renaming plugin vendors and plugin names. :)
Actually this is imminent..
Superb!

The Freestyle 1.5 beta is now available in the User Area. The 1.4304 release has the following 1.5 beta features:
- Group module
- Edit mode navigation bar
- New VST view (browser and searchable parameters)
- Sort by VST category
Make sure to go to the Set Up menu and 'Check For Beta Features'

The new VST view: double click a VST in Structure View to bring up the VST view. Synth VST's have their presets downloadable from the Patch Cloud. Audio previews of each preset are also available which can be batch pre-downloaded per VST. If a synth does not have its presets available in the PatchCloud the user can submit a request using the 'Request' button.

Parameter highlight: moving a parameter on the VST GUI will cause that parameter to be highlighted in the VST view parameter list.

Also in this release:
* New 'Add' button (use + key for shortcut)
* New 'New Project/Group' quick start options
* Enhanced auto-wiring logic when working with Event Players
* New 'Edit VST Properties' dialog to correct name and vendor field
* PatchCloud: Faster downloading and synchronisation (no more timeouts)
* PatchCloud: Added option to pre-download VST previews
* Scrollable area of scrollbars highlighted on hover
* Various misc enhancements and bug fixes

pinki wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:17 pm* Scrollable area of scrollbars highlighted on hover
This is still not helping the scrollbar in the plugin list enough. The scrollbar thumb is still covering plugin thumbnails, which in most cases makes it practically invisible. I would really suggest moving the plugin thumbs to the left so that the scrollbar is fully unobstructed.

OK Ed I'll relay this..

Also is there a more direct way to show the plugin's GUI, without going through the (new) intermediate dialog? I would really appreciate that :)

Actually we were just discussing this ...not sure when but the devs are looking at a solution

Another find: looks like in plugin list the vendor sorting is case sensitive, which is very weird. So it sorts uppercase A-Z then lowercase a-z. Which means if I want u-he vendor to preserve their lowercasedness, they will be last in the list. Vendor sorting should be case insensitive (and by proxy, plugin name sorting as well).

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:16 pm Also is there a more direct way to show the plugin's GUI, without going through the (new) intermediate dialog? I would really appreciate that :)
We plan to add a button for that on future, but for now (since v1.4305 which was uploaded today) you can alt-click for a shortcut. (Also works on Groups and structure background).

The sorting issue should also be fixed.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Thanks!

Case sorting is fixed in 1.4305 now in the User Area. Also alt-click will open a VST window directly.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”