After market guitar hardware modifications

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using this image only for illustration:

I was thinking to cut some wood from my Dinky, mostly in two places: 1. the pointy end of the headstock which makes the guitar a bit longer than normal and makes it hard to fit in my Fender bag, plus I don't like it that pointy; and 2. the bottom 'horn' of the body - I'd carve out the side facing the fretboard a little bit more because the back of my wrist often hits there when I'm 'soloing' and gets in the way so I can hardly reach the thick strings that are over the body. Not that I need them often, but accessibility is a good thing.

So I was wondering if this is going to change the tone in any noticeable way... guess I'll find out hehe :hihi:

Ah, by hardware you mean the metal parts only?! (not sure)
If so please forgive my OT post above.

I’ve replaced the tuners on each instrument & put Jeff Beck noiseless pu‘s on my strat. The Parker received a “blend” pot to replace the 3way switch.
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

perfumer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:06 am Ah, by hardware you mean the metal parts only?! (not sure)
nah Perfumer mate, you are entirely on topic
I have an ltd with that pointy headstock,
I like it! It looks like child's rock letters(peavey), but it's a reasonably well crafted shape when u really look at it. I like both those things, and the head scallop is just wicked
Last edited by nix808 on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister Natural wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:10 pm The Parker received a “blend” pot to replace the 3way switch.
I thought of that constantly with my P44. It makes more sense to have a master volume for the Piezo and the magnetics and then a blend control over them for balance.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

nix808 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:59 pm
perfumer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:06 am Ah, by hardware you mean the metal parts only?! (not sure)
nah Perfumer mate, you are entirely on topic
I have an ltd with that pointy headstock,
I like it! It looks like child's rock letters(peavey), but it's a reasonably well crafted shape when u really look at it. I like both those things, and the head scallop is just wicked
I like the design too, but the pointy nose is not practical or necessary in any way and is eventually going to tear my bag, so cut it will BE.

Plus, I like to break things, so... :hihi: :clap:

And for the 'horn', sandpaper. :tu: I could use it on the rest of the body too. There's just too much needless wood to drag around. The tone is in the fingers, after all, right?! :oops:

I still don't know what the tone is in, I mean Hendrix could slay us with a single note.
Maybe a die grinder for the horn?
-hehe a knife?

nix808 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:48 pm -hehe a knife?
BINGO :!:

Return to “Guitars”