The 10%

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought my first 2 guitars when I was still asceered of cannabis.

I had the fever to learn, though I started off on an Aria 12 string (strung with 6) I bought for $50CAD from my brother. He expected me to give up and give him the guitar back. Pissed him off that I could outplay him within 4 years. :hihi: Really. I don't think he ever forgave me. :lol:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Forgotten wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:24 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:22 pm
AnX wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:20 pm I can play guitar on my sinthesiser better than I can on my geetar
dont say things like that, donks will have a coronary :o
I didn’t think he would like Mexican beer... :shrug:
if its cheapest int shop...

:lol:

force10.jpg
Not the 10% I was thinking of.

I had a can of this once. Only once.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think this is 10.5% or something like that.

I recall the start of a coach journey from Portsmouth to Oxford with 4 cans of this.

Not so clear about the end of that journey...nor the middle really...

farlukar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:36 pm I've been a beginner for 30 years now.
And imagine how many of us have been at it even longer. :hihi:

But more than a few will still express regret at not sticking with it like some of us eternal amateurs. :wheee:

I can't go on, I must go on... :ud:

I think Gold Label is down to 7.5% these days.

resynthesis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:37 pm I think Gold Label is down to 7.5% these days.
I could be wrong then, but I really seem to recall that it was the only beer you could get in cans that had an alcohol content in double figures back then. Talking about 1985 I think.

...or maybe that stuff just rotted my brain cells...quite likely... :hihi:

Back then it was much higher I think. I had an uncle who drank it but he was a man of steel :)

Plenty of people gave up learning guitar in the 60's 70's and 80's as well.

As far as stimulants go... I never fared well with them. Getting high sucked. My fingers would go dumb paranoia would set in and all sorts of other things would crop up. Getting drunk didn't help either. I was prolly best on hallucinogenics or just imagined myself being so.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

I've done over 1000 paying gigs and while I was doing them I felt very much that I was a professional.

These days all the 60~80's pop/rock stuff I did I can still do with ease and it bores the heck out of me. Meanwhile the fingerstyle jazz that I want to do frustrates the heck out of me. It's to the point I think I'll never be satisfied with my performances. I think it gets into performing live. If I'm motivated that I'll have to play it in front of someone then it comes together. But I don't see that happening.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

these stat is irrelevant in so far that these 90% would be unemployed musicians anyway. plus 9% from the rest 10% ;D

If I just had that new, (insert name of thingamabob here), I know I could play like Jimi.
Several thousand thingamabobs later.....I still play like me. Which aint sayin' much. :lol:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

fese wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:42 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:07 pm doesnt mean the 10% are any better at playing than the 90 that give up. not if im counted in the 10 :lol:
Yeah, exactly. I’m in the 10% but I’m still shit... maybe I need to buy more gear?
Of course that is it! Buy, Buy, Buy!!!!!!!!!!!!! And tell yourself, you'll practice more when you get it. Because, that will work.

Return to “Guitars”