Where do you get your tabs.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tl;dr
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:17 pm why aye man, doon the corner shop like.
Howay, man! I get me tabs from tha machine doon tha boozah!

An honest response and a fine selection.

I like these sites
http://gtptabs.com/

And one of the originals reborn...
https://www.mysongbook.com/ owned by Arobas (makers of guitar pro)
100 percent legal. Think of it as the spotify of tabs.

It's funny when guitar pro first came out it was as much for composers as it was for transcribers. I can recall old forums where they would have competitions for writing/arranging in gp format.

I used to have my own site where part of it was devoted to fingerstyle/ solo performance tabs. About 100 of them and 40 of those were my own transcriptions. Mostly chord melody jazz stuff.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I usually use Musescore to transpose the original notation to guitar notes and then take it from there. This gives me the freedom of choosing where I play a note or chord and is a great way of getting better and faster at reading sheet music.

Scored my first one off a hippie traveller in the early 90's. These days quite easy to order online. ;)

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:19 pm Scored my first one off a hippie traveller in the early 90's. These days quite easy to order online. ;)
:wheee: :wheee: :wheee:

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:19 pm Scored my first one off a hippie traveller in the early 90's. These days quite easy to order online. ;)
You weren't supposed to tell anyone. That was supposed to be our little secret.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Hink wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 pm none of the tabs I want are ever in the tuning I am :shrug:
Change tuning or get other guitars for different tunings. Done.

Daimonicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:40 pm
Hink wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 pm none of the tabs I want are ever in the tuning I am :shrug:
Change tuning or get other guitars for different tunings. Done.
I have plenty of guitars for different tunings , but that doesn't change a thing because the fingering charts in tabs are written foe EADGBE if I an in open D DADF#AD only two strings will match. So if I want to learn a song by someone else I just learn it by ear like I always have. Meanwhile my preference is to write my own stuff and I enjoy writing in alternate tunings...played in nothing but standard for close to 25 years, been heavy into alternate tunings for another 20. Not sayig I dont play in standard but it's kinda nostalgic for me. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

when I saw the title, I immediately thought of sid the sexist :hihi:

I say, lads — The Beano certainly has changed since my carefree, innocent youth.

To wit:
Forgotten wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Yeez shud gerra pipe like ...

Return to “Guitars”