Pick your PICK!!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EVH did not smoke too much, so it caused his tounge cancer. Neither did the pick material. Numeruous - if not most others - have other ailments following prolonged smoking... Now let me see if you can guess:

1. Why is that young boys are getting vaccinated now, for something that used to be exclusive to young girls? I e HPV - virus, that causes oropharyngeal cancer, within young girls vaginas. :tu:

Google up Michael Douglas views on it. :wink: I think EVH should blame his tounge cancer on this instead... :oops:

are you suggesting flange butter causes mouth cancer?
you've just ruined my missus' night :hihi:

Mats Eriksson wrote:Google up Michael Douglas views on it. :wink:
Good call, I usually go to wrinkly old Hollywood hacks when I want medical advice... :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:12 pm
Mats Eriksson wrote:Google up Michael Douglas views on it. :wink:
Good call, I usually go to wrinkly old Hollywood hacks when I want medical advice... :hihi:
if hes played a doctor hes had the training :shrug:

The doctors are vaccinating GUYS for it at the moment. For free. In Sweden. Go figure. Not something M Douglas et al got out of the blue. The science points to that way. 10 years ago when HPV vaccine first hit the streets? No way, you would get laughed at...

Just move to Sweden, hefty dose of make up, and anti wrinkle cream to no end, pretend you're a teen and show up. You'll get safe for rest of your life and won't ruin any missus nights evva...if you want it free I mean. If you're an adult you can still get it, but you have to pay up front.

Copper picks?! For f*x ache...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/van-halen-1225779

Now, thread seriously derailed, but health advice: Keep your picks in the mouth as much as you like. The most hazardous is accidentally swallowing it. That "tops" any tongue cancer..

I do have heard of people smelling, tasting "blood" taste whenever they put any pick by any material in their mouths. Some people can have allergic reactions but then you would get it in your hands, first, long before you put it into your mouth.

Mats Eriksson wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:03 am EVH did not smoke too much,
:scared:

Mats Eriksson wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:07 pm Now, thread seriously derailed, but health advice: Keep your picks in the mouth as much as you like. The most hazardous is accidentally swallowing it. That "tops" any tongue cancer..
i just keep em in my beard

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:19 pm
Mats Eriksson wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:07 pm Now, thread seriously derailed, but health advice: Keep your picks in the mouth as much as you like. The most hazardous is accidentally swallowing it. That "tops" any tongue cancer..
i just keep em in my beard
ZZ Top stylee!

is beard cancer a thing?
i dont fancy that.

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:58 pm is beard cancer a thing?
i dont fancy that.
They might have to amputate if it gets bad...

:o :scared:

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:25 pm
Mats Eriksson wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:03 am EVH did not smoke too much,
:scared:
Certainly not more or less, than others that smoked. He wasn't a chain smoker as far as I know, but granted, he started at 12, what I meant that it was certainly not the cause for his tongue cancer. Throat cancer is entirely different though... and he certainly has had his fair share of groupies. The "pick" blame is just an euphemism for...yes you guessed it.

Other rocker (not hard) Rick Wakeman (keyboards with Yes) had 3 heart attacks before he hit 30, and drank and did chain smoke. Way more than EVH for sure. He's still around though, albeit with diabetes. Those heart attacks, was the cause of alcohol and tobbacco but he didn't do harder drugs than that. He did never get throat, lung or tongue cancer. As for prostate cancer, we all know by now his dealings with that, as he revealed it whole heartedly at his Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame induction speech. :D He should have a crack at stand up comedy for sure.

Now back on track...

Beard cancer? they charge the picks with radioactive material (plectronium, number 666 in the periodic table) and stick them in the beard for a while and let it radiate for a bit of time. You have to braid the beard. Side effects may be that you'll play a lot faster on the guitar, but no one has objected to that one so far. If that what it takes to get rid of the cancer, they'll live with that side effect. Grumpily.

Return to “Guitars”