Pick your PICK!!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hopefully the last picks I need to buy - Dunlop Tortex Standard 1.14mm 72Pcs
Also got 48x Dunlop Nylon Plectrum 1mm, too flexible for some stuff, I don't use them.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:16 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:10 pm I just made a pick out of an old BOA debit card I had for my mom's account
Probably the first time BOA did something useful in a while... :hihi:
BOA has treated me well :shrug:

I like to use those little plastic bag tags that hold bread closed....at least I always know where I can find one.

I have used them as shims on cheapy electrics as well
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

anttimaatteri wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:15 pm https://www.thomann.de/de/dunlop_primet ... ck_3mm.htm

to get my maccaferri goin good ;D
Those are trippy.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:46 pm I like to use those little plastic bag tags that hold bread closed....at least I always know where I can find one.
Haha cool! Do you use the rubber washers from Grolsch bottle tops to stop your strap coming off too? :hihi:

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:23 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:16 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:10 pm I just made a pick out of an old BOA debit card I had for my mom's account
Probably the first time BOA did something useful in a while... :hihi:
BOA has treated me well :shrug:
That was more a joke for Hink - he knows I used to work for them at one time...

I'll tell you later what they pulled with my mothers account
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:47 am I'll tell you later what they pulled with my mothers account
Please don't, I have them and I want to be blissfully ignorant.

well I meant Mike in private message tbh :)

zvenx wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:15 pm A touring guitarist friend of mine turned me on to Dunlop Max Grips about 10 or so years ago, I rarely use anything else since.
rsp
same for me.

I recently discovered the Graph Tech TUSQ picks, and they really added a lot of clarity to my sound. Then I finally tried a Chicken Pick. After the first strum I already knew this was IT. Every note is ringing so loud (very loud indeed) and clear, it‘s just awesome.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:37 pm
anttimaatteri wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:15 pm https://www.thomann.de/de/dunlop_primet ... ck_3mm.htm

to get my maccaferri goin good ;D
Those are trippy.
if you think thats trippy , check this dude. best handmade picks worldwide imo.
https://www.manouchepicks.com/about/

Acoustic strumming with no pick, using index finger and thumb nails.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Guitars”