memorabilia

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

20190825_163456.jpg
20190825_163410.jpg
clash of the titans tour :band2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think I have some ticket stubs—if they somehow made the trip to Europe with me. :shrug:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

my box of stubs went mouldy :cry:
as did most of my programmes and my little autograph book.
only had a few, wasnt an autograph hunter, but often in liverpool youd see bands who were playing the royal court in the pub next door, so if i was there id get it...
most notably bruce and nicko from maiden and iommi also tony martin because he was with iommi :hihi:
then it was mostly death metal :band:

Just now I'm staggered it's not spelled megadeAth :dog:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:19 pm Just now I'm staggered it's not spelled megadeAth :dog:
you only just noticed that?
they're not exactly a new act :hihi:

Mentioning Iron Maiden reminded me of when the band got some 'memorabilia' from the stage crew at a venue they played in Edinburgh (can't remember which one, a buddy was the electrician there a few decades ago).

When lighting rigs are fully or partly above the audience, the spot operators have to climb up before the audience comes in, and have to stay up there until the audience leaves. Usually they take a one liter bottle up there with them to pee in. When Maiden were playing there, one of the local spot operators asked Maiden's technical manager over the headset if he could come down between the support act and Maiden, and was told no. He said he needed to use the bathroom, so he was told to just use the bottle. After the audience was gone, the spot operator was down quickly and disappeared, so they figured he must have had to rush to the bathroom. Anyway, they started breaking down the lighting rig, but didn't see this guy again. When they lowered the part of the rig that he had been up on they found out why. When the rig is raised on chains, the chain below the motors goes into a 'chain bucket' so that it doesn't hang below the rig. This guy had been desperate to take a shit, and when he couldn't come down he took a shit in the chain bucket...

@vurt - was that pub Ma Egerton's? I remember there being one by the stage door that I went to a few times.

it could have been, talking 30 years or so ago
i remember a ma egerton from my youth but not sure if it was the next door pub.
which to me is "the stage door" in my mind, but now you've said that, ive realised that's the theatre in manc, near oxford rd, theirs is the stage door for sure! :lol:

my memory is a little off at the minute, i might be a little stoned :oops:

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:34 pm it could have been, talking 30 years or so ago
i remember a ma egerton from my youth but not sure if it was the next door pub.
which to me is "the stage door" in my mind, but now you've said that, ive realised that's the theatre in manc, near oxford rd, theirs is the stage door for sure! :lol:

my memory is a little off at the minute, i might be a little stoned :oops:
No worries. I just always remembered the name of that pub as it sounded so 'northern' that it made me chuckle (me being a southerner and all that). :hihi:

:o cheeky bugger!

OK, I just Googled it - Ma Egerton's is the pub behind the Liverpool Empire, not the Royal Court. It's on the road that runs between the Empire and Lime Street Station.

oh! yeah! it's kind of opposite the worlds apart comic shop :hihi: :ud:

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:45 pm oh! yeah! it's kind of opposite the worlds apart comic shop :hihi: :ud:
Trying to remind myself what it looks like I just checked Google Street view. Looks a lot cleaner in general than when I was there (about '92 I think).

yeah, the whole city is like that compared to my memory of it.
i moved to manc in 92, aside from one or two nights never visited lpool for years till i moved back home.
now its half hour on the bus.

but you go down the street where wilsons and the krazy house and other biker pubs, now it's all tequila bars or places where you can hire vinyl to play on the record player on your table while you drink.
all stufenty nonsense grrr.

I remember (...I member! :hyper: ) that it was a really oppressive atmosphere there at that time, and they had security guards at the entrances to banks, and you had to show them your bank card before they would let you go in...also had to walk over a mile down Lime Street to find the nearest off license - about 90% of the shop was behind floor to ceiling steel bars, and you just stood there with the person inside passing alcohol through the little window after you paid. It looked like someone had sprayed that road and all the walls with shit, so what I see in that photo looks amazingly clean now.

yeah, great days 8) :ud: :lol:

Return to “Guitars”