What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I will probably buy the Jimi Hendrix DLC for Rocksmith.
For my son, who is learning to play guitar.

Next will be another evertune equipped guitar. I hate tuning and stop recording to tune again? I've had enough of that.

Tempted to get a JHS Colour Box V2. Just waiting to see what the euro price will be.
Image Image Image Image

Daimonicon wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:51 pm Next will be another evertune equipped guitar. I hate tuning and stop recording to tune again? I've had enough of that.
but tuning is exercise for the ears no?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I just bought my second Evertune guitar, it's pure bliss. Especially if you're double tracking or adding harmony layers.

Probably the most metal guitar I've ever seen, almost feel like I went a bit too far... :)

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/v ... istressed/

I'm looking at this

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 672673535/

50 bux, local

edit: message sent...would like to see it/buy it tomorrow. Depending on the shape it could make a profit but it would also look great on a wall and it might be useful, even if just for slide.

edit: 2 he responded, maybe tomorrow but I got first refusal
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

nm
Last edited by samsam on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have the Fender version of that. It’s great because I can sit near to my pedal board and can get my foot on the pedals without having to stand.

nm

So far this year I've bought:

Strymon Big Sky
Elektron Overdrive
Orange Crush 20 amp
Epiphone Thunderbird Bass Guitar
TC Electronic BG 250 Bass Amp

Am expecting some guitary stuff from my kids for Xmas ... tuner, strings, picks. :)

nm

Hink wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:14 pm
Daimonicon wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:51 pm Next will be another evertune equipped guitar. I hate tuning and stop recording to tune again? I've had enough of that.
but tuning is exercise for the ears no?
I’ve been playing for so many years so I know how to tune a guitar. I know how to do a pro setup for any of my guitars. Tuning is boring. I always double or quadtrack so a guitar that is in tune the whole time is a fantastic thing. I only wish evertune had been invented a long time ago. Better in tune than any other guitar bridge. Better intonation. No sour chord where I have to tune to that chord and punch in and out.

I just got a new neck from Warmoth for my 1990s Fender MIM Strat. Jumbo stainless steel frets! It looks perfect! I am sick of feeling myself shaving the frets while performing bends and vibrato. And I tend to get small burrs where I've worn the frets that catch my finger when sliding. I can't wait to try the big stainless frets. I need to finish the neck first though!

Earlier, I posted the following: I'm hoping within this next year to have enough money saved to buy a headrush Gigboard and a Yamaha DXR12 (for my FRFR).

In the end, I ended up going a different route. I bought a Boss MS-3 and a Boss RV-500, and a Digitech Mosaic. I hope to soon buy the Boss FS-7 and the Boss EV-30. After that, I'm going to have to save for a while, but I'd like to get the Boss DD-500 as well. At that point, I think I'll build a custom pedalboard for everything.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

2 b-stock pedalboards, to house the expanding sprawl of pedals at the foot of the Tower of Toe (my 1m high rack of pedalboards). I reckon that should save me a little space, as I use thick robust cables there, replacing those with thin patch cables should make a difference. The new pedalboards should also facilitate dusting.

Return to “Guitars”