What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, just pulled the trigger on one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2owS2CeARnA

I've always loved the super fuzz tone, and despite losing one of the better Shin-Ei FY-2 clones many years ago (a Kimbara), I don't own one.

I have a Russian Big Muff Pi, but that's a much thicker fuzz that you can't get this tone from.

They're all hand built in Spain, so I might have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive, but I already can't wait!

I'll probably get myself a new wah pedal this year. I've been letting my electric chops slide, and the crybaby is one pedal I enjoy.

I have a BOSS GT-8, which has a wah pedal, but it doesn't 'feel' or sound right.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

I just bought a new tuner. Wheee. I've been using Snarks, but the plastic gets sticky after a while. New one is a TC Electronics thingy (not the polytune model). It seems more accurate than the Snark, but doesn't swivel 360 degrees.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

I probably need to invest in a tuner at some point...

Forgotten wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:45 pm I probably need to invest in a tuner at some point...
Pretty cheap at this point. When I listen to old tracks of mine that were tuned to a pitch fork, some of the out of tune-osity is cringe-worthy. A clip on tuner ensures I'm in tune if I have to do take after take.
-Henry A. Wallace

That one you got from TC is all the rage but you are right, it doesn't swivel.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:45 pm I probably need to invest in a tuner at some point...
If i'm plugged into the komputer I'll use Gtune vst (still probably the best one I think). If not, Boss have this handy phone app (both android and Steve Jobs wankery) which is free;

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... uner&gl=GB

Probably depends on how good your phone's mic is. My cheapy Moto G is, to be frank, a shite phone, but the mic is plenty sensitive enough for this to work well for me.

Plugged in to the laptop I'm good, but I usually use my phone to check tuning acoustically on anything (works though), and I use the Fender one which does the job.

I could use one of those clip on tuners really, especially considering how cheap they are now.

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:01 pm That one you got from TC is all the rage but you are right, it doesn't swivel.
Yeah, despite that, my first impression is positive. The snarks rarely settle into the right pitch without bouncing around. The TC is a lot easier to get to pitch without the led wavering. I can't see myself getting a polytune thingy, though.
-Henry A. Wallace

I have one. It's easier to use the one in Reason though for my not so perfect needs. It's a PITA to remember to unplug and a power supply is just nonsense for one pedal. Also, they are true bypass and not buffered. Even with my 10"er I feel I can hear a difference in sound (especially bass)

Great for doing intonation stuff though. Very accurate. Better than my old Peterson Strobo Stomp imo.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:32 am I just bought a new tuner. Wheee. I've been using Snarks, but the plastic gets sticky after a while. New one is a TC Electronics thingy (not the polytune model). It seems more accurate than the Snark, but doesn't swivel 360 degrees.
Sounds like the Unitune, that's on my radar. Put my Snark through the washing machine, it was in a pocket of my shorts for some reason. Been using a Thomann tuner, works OK.

The Unitune strobe mode would be a bonus for setting intonation.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

I've recently put together all the noisy bits of this setup and it sounds pretty good: https://www.modulargrid.net/p/pedalboards/view/947193

Now to sort out mounting them to a pedalboard, powering them and keeping it tidy! The narrow/deep arrangement is deliberate so that it will easily fit under a keyboard stand.

What's rather inconvenient in this layout is that the main output is from the back of the HX effects which is essentially inaccesible, so some kind of under-board patchbay will be needed. Considering the Temple Audio stuff; more expensive than pedaltrain (especially from the UK!) but seems easier to get a clean result?

I've bought a lot. I'll buy nothing.

With effects and amps I'm usually bored at the end of the first month. Even now I'm happy with my Yamaha THR10-C Use only two amp settings (Flat/Deluxe) The rest is all about the guitar and the technique.

If I'm not feeling it between the amp and the guitar I'm not going to feel it and If I am feeling it then I don't need anymore.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

tapper mike wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:26 pm I'll buy nothing.
Sure... :hihi:

he will at least need strings and plectrums at some point :hihi:

Return to “Guitars”