Gibson Les Paul Studio 2016 Mini Review

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of the most iconic guitars ever made finally made it into our studio! Featuring a very nice vintage sunburst finish and at a nice price!
Cheers!
:tu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOogRfh1MC0

You aren't hanging THIS one on a wall, are you? :)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks for the review, you got a bargain there. That guitar should cover a lot of ground.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Bombadil wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:57 pm You aren't hanging THIS one on a wall, are you? :)
Spot on! LOL! :lol:
No! This is a players guitar..
LOL!
The Noodlist wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:32 pm Thanks for the review, you got a bargain there. That guitar should cover a lot of ground.
Yes, it was a hell of a deal. Took me one minute to decide...
Cheers!
:tu:

Sounds like you found a great one.

I've played a few Les Paul Studio's that I decided against taking home over the years. The action wasn't as good on them nor was the finish. But dates seem to mean everything. Some years Gibson really knocks it out of the park and others...not so much.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I've never played a LP that was worth a damn. I suppose if you get a good one, they're great. Same with J-45s. Everyone I've ever played sounded like it had a blanket stuffed into it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Yes, this is a good one. It was a good find indeed.
Guitars are a bit like ladies, I guess... You never know until you try them... But if you don´t try them, then you will never know...

ourafilmes wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:47 pm Guitars are a bit like ladies, I guess... You never know until you try them... But if you don´t try them, then you will never know...
Aesthetics aside, it's sound that counts, it is an instrument after all.
Nice analogy. Both available with g strings.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

It's also the playability. I've had 4 Gibsons, I think, only 1 was a keeper. Playability includes tuning stability, acceptable action height, both of which were so problematic with my purchases that I ended up selling 3 of them and took bad losses on all 3.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm
ourafilmes wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:47 pm Guitars are a bit like ladies, I guess... You never know until you try them... But if you don´t try them, then you will never know...
i hope the ladies are changing them more often than guitarists...

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:16 pm
Buying a guitar is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman...

Forgotten wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 pm
you hand over cash after nervous fumbling?

Bombadil wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:53 am I've never played a LP that was worth a damn.
believe it or not I disagree, I have played quite a few Les Pauls I liked. Once a friend close enough to me he lived at my house while we were in high school my best friend I grew learning guitar with was a Les Paul freak (actually a jimmy page wannbe, but he was good). He had the Jimmy Page signature model, the neck was pretty nice on that (slim taper I think?). His son had an epi Les Paul with a very similar neck I would play if I didn't have my guitar.

My problem with Gibson is simply the fact that they believe that because of their name they can charge way more than the value of the instrument. This imo has led to LP's and other Gibsons (as well as other brands) becoming status symbols and that is something I am just not about at all. I dont want to pay more money for a guitar of equal capabilities just because of the name. Wont make my music better, but if I found a good epi les paul used I might shock everyone (epi's new imo are selling name as well and are overpriced). :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:20 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 pm
you hand over cash after nervous fumbling?
:lol:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”