Something new for guitar coming soon from IK

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecode wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 pm The only song I like by Queens is 7 seas of Rye.

The only record my Queen where I like Brian Mays guitar sound is News of the world.

I would get the May product just to see what the setup looks like and what he used. But I doubt I would use any of the presets or sounds in any music I make.
You can give the demo a whirl, before there were any presets available I was able to get some nice non-Queen tones too. I did first go after One Vision which was pretty easy to dial in even without Jamie's preset (I did have to look up the switch settings on the Brian May Guitars page to make sure that part was right, though, I admit) but then played with some cleans, crunch, and more gain to plus the chorus to get a nice almost Boston-esque tone as odd as that may be seeing Tom used Marshalls then all the Rockman gear. We definitely still need some Rockman gear in AmpliTube (and an ADA MP-1).

Okay, I'm a little late to the party here. I just saw the ad for this on the forum itself.

I was a HUGE Queen fan before they ever even made a dent in the states. While the movie was a bit of a disappointment, there is no question their music is iconic.

Anyway, I'm guessing this has nothing to do with Amplitude 4, which I own and is a separate product.

Here are my questions:

1. I'm assuming there is no upgrade or crossgrade path for this. IOW, owning Amplitude 4 doesn't affect the cost one way or another. Correct?

2. Is this product compatible with Amplitude 4? IOW, can I use the two together in one FX chain or do I basically have to load each one separately as I would any other 2 FX plugins?

FWIW, I listened to the demos and they sound very convincing. This is something I've been waiting for, for a very long time that I thought would never become a reality.

Just when I said I was done buying things. :lol:

This is a must have.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 pm Okay, I'm a little late to the party here. I just saw the ad for this on the forum itself.

I was a HUGE Queen fan before they ever even made a dent in the states. While the movie was a bit of a disappointment, there is no question their music is iconic.

Anyway, I'm guessing this has nothing to do with Amplitude 4, which I own and is a separate product.

Here are my questions:

1. I'm assuming there is no upgrade or crossgrade path for this. IOW, owning Amplitude 4 doesn't affect the cost one way or another. Correct?

2. Is this product compatible with Amplitude 4? IOW, can I use the two together in one FX chain or do I basically have to load each one separately as I would any other 2 FX plugins?

FWIW, I listened to the demos and they sound very convincing. This is something I've been waiting for, for a very long time that I thought would never become a reality.

Just when I said I was done buying things. :lol:

This is a must have.
I think these look like expansions to Amplitube 4. They show up as extras to buy within Amplitube. I guess you should be able to load two instances of Amplitube and have this one a separate one. Though from what I have seen of CPU usage, you asking for trouble.

No sale or discount on May yet because of the current promo and it's a new product. But I will bet good money it will be on same before Xmas.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Where do I find out how many gear points I have?

Your account, silly :hihi:

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:46 am Your account, silly :hihi:
Then I guess I don't have any because nothing shows up. Jam points do. Gear points? I can't find anything anywhere that even says I have 0 gear points. So I guess if I have 0, nothing shows.

Then you have zero.

Don't shoot the messenger, just saying.

I don't have any jam points, but oddly enough "credits" show up out of nowhere. Strange.

You get JamPoints for previous purchase, and you can take off an additional up to 30% off using JamPoints. For full details about JamPoints, please visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/

Thanks!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:14 pm You get JamPoints for previous purchase, and you can take off an additional up to 30% off using JamPoints. For full details about JamPoints, please visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/

Thanks!
Peter, I hate you. I was all ready to not spend anymore money this year after getting MODO Drums (by the way, amazing drum sets) and then you come out with THIS.

Can I use my $17 in Jam Points towards the purchase? That would bring it down to $82.

I still hate you. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 pm Okay, I'm a little late to the party here. I just saw the ad for this on the forum itself.
this is what i mentioned in your thread, admittedly before confirmation of the actual product, but it was brian may for sure :hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:22 pm
this is what i mentioned in your thread, admittedly before confirmation of the actual product, but it was brian may for sure :hihi:
Just when I thought that there would be nothing that would come out ever again that I would want.

You can only use 30% of jam points.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:09 pm You can only use 30% of jam points.
Well, 30% of $100 is $30. So since I only have $17 in Jam points, I think I'm good.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm
Well, 30% of $100 is $30. So since I only have $17 in Jam points, I think I'm good.
No, I mean only 30% of the VALUE.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:40 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm
No, I mean only 30% of the VALUE.
Wait, you're telling me I can only use 30% of my total Jam Points? That's $5. That makes no sense.

Peter, can you please confirm this. I'd like to hear it from somebody who knows what they're talking about.

Return to “Guitars”