Something new for guitar coming soon from IK

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the only Queen record i would pan is their first two albums (i'm not into that kind of music) and Hot Space (again, not a fan of that kind of music). Innuendo and The Miracle rate among the best albums of all times as far as i'm concerned.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

telecode wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:05 pm I think the early 90s popularity coincided with the death or Mercury. I recall the last record Innuendo being panned .
That reminded me how much I love Steve Howe's part on the song Innuendo. So good.

Also, with regard to the harmonies we do offer the Deacy amp to do very layered orchestral-sounding tones, but also the harmonizer built into the three-AC30 setup is very convincing. You can hear many audio demos by Jamie Humphries who has played extensively with Brian May himself as well as being principle guitarist for the We Will Rock You musical, and many other great credits on our site and which cover many of the Queen classics. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/b ... hp?p=audio

Burillo wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:17 pm the only Queen record i would pan is their first two albums
Really? I think Queen II is one of their best albums. There are also some great live versions of those songs on the Live at the Rainbow album.

telecode wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:05 pm
Local Man wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:53 pm
telecode wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:23 pm I liked queen before they got all hot and hip again. After Mercury passed, they were forgotten within a few years and I liked digging into their catalog as they has a certain hidden treasures appeal to me. Now they are all too over commerciallized . I guess whoever bought the rights to Queen property after EMI went belly up must be milking it for all it was worth. Let see some Queen EDM extended DJ mixes.
Queen have had multiple afterlives. This is just the latest resurgence. I think it's a good thing. If it wasn't for the Wayne's World resurgence in the 90s I might not have been exposed to them as a kid. I think stuff like what's happening now is good for young music listeners.

That said I never watched that new movie. It looked like one of those corny VH1 rock docs and yet is somehow got nominated for best picture. Weird.
Haven't seen the queen film either. But the Elton John one is supposed to be much better.

I think the early 90s popularity coincided with the death or Mercury. I recall the last record Innuendo being panned .

I think they will keep having resurgence in popularity because the songs are very well crafted pop rock songs.
I grew up a huge queen fan first seeing them in 74 (maybe 73) I believe their first tour to the U.S., I saw every tour after that came to the U.S. at least once through the mid 80's, saw them both in Texas and Mass but mostly in Mass. Brian May was always a huge influence for me as a guitar player but even more so as the diy guy I am. TBH in my area and then in the service in the late 70's and early 80's it wasn't easy being a Queen fan, or should I say it was lonely because people were hung up on their presumed lifestyles and their music was all over the place (either you loved them or hated them).

Many acts used the lighting system they designed, Brian May is more than just a musician, he has a PhD in astrophysics. The shows were amazing, Mercury was the definitive front man in my eyes, each member had multiple roles and the band imo had an err of extreme professionalism (at least on stage and in the studo). With that said, they were able to maintain a sense of whimsy, often corniness and even nonsense that worked...but alas that same thing turned off many.

BTW I recall reading several sources in the 80's that said May's string gauge had .008, .009, and .010 for the top three, not sure how accurate that is but I do remember that because I tried it the same time I tried pennies for picks. That actually led to the brass picks I made, ftr I much prefer a quarter like Billy Gibbons uses if I were to use a coin, but I have no such desire. (didn't like the strings either)

Of course I have spent hours with two single delays set at 800ms :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 pm
telecode wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:05 pm
Local Man wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:53 pm
telecode wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:23 pm I liked queen before they got all hot and hip again. After Mercury passed, they were forgotten within a few years and I liked digging into their catalog as they has a certain hidden treasures appeal to me. Now they are all too over commerciallized . I guess whoever bought the rights to Queen property after EMI went belly up must be milking it for all it was worth. Let see some Queen EDM extended DJ mixes.
Queen have had multiple afterlives. This is just the latest resurgence. I think it's a good thing. If it wasn't for the Wayne's World resurgence in the 90s I might not have been exposed to them as a kid. I think stuff like what's happening now is good for young music listeners.

That said I never watched that new movie. It looked like one of those corny VH1 rock docs and yet is somehow got nominated for best picture. Weird.
Haven't seen the queen film either. But the Elton John one is supposed to be much better.

I think the early 90s popularity coincided with the death or Mercury. I recall the last record Innuendo being panned .

I think they will keep having resurgence in popularity because the songs are very well crafted pop rock songs.
I grew up a huge queen fan first seeing them in 74 (maybe 73) I believe their first tour to the U.S., I saw every tour after that came to the U.S. at least once through the mid 80's, saw them both in Texas and Mass but mostly in Mass. Brian May was always a huge influence for me as a guitar player but even more so as the diy guy I am. TBH in my area and then in the service in the late 70's and early 80's it wasn't easy being a Queen fan, or should I say it was lonely because people were hung up on their presumed lifestyles and their music was all over the place (either you loved them or hated them).

Many acts used the lighting system they designed, Brian May is more than just a musician, he has a PhD in astrophysics. The shows were amazing, Mercury was the definitive front man in my eyes, each member had multiple roles and the band imo had an err of extreme professionalism (at least on stage and in the studo). With that said, they were able to maintain a sense of whimsy, often corniness and even nonsense that worked...but alas that same thing turned off many.

BTW I recall reading several sources in the 80's that said May's string gauge had .008, .009, and .010 for the top three, not sure how accurate that is but I do remember that because I tried it the same time I tried pennies for picks. That actually led to the brass picks I made, ftr I much prefer a quarter like Billy Gibbons uses if I were to use a coin, but I have no such desire. (didn't like the strings either)

Of course I have spent hours with two single delays set at 800ms :tu:
Great post. I am curious to hear what you think of this new IK Amplitube Brian May product.
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:23 pm Also, with regard to the harmonies we do offer the Deacy amp to do very layered orchestral-sounding tones, but also the harmonizer built into the three-AC30 setup is very convincing.
Are you saying that the harmonizer is built into the BM-30 amp?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote: ↑Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:23 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:23 pm Also, with regard to the harmonies we do offer the Deacy amp to do very layered orchestral-sounding tones, but also the harmonizer built into the three-AC30 setup is very convincing.
Are you saying that the harmonizer is built into the BM-30 amp?
Yes, in the 3-amp wet/dry/wet configuration the harmonizer is built into the L and R amp (not the dry center amp). Check out the demo to give it a whirl, it works really well. There are also a ton of presets that nail the tone thanks to Jamie Humphries and Brian himself.

Hink wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 pm Of course I have spent hours with two single delays set at 800ms :tu:
Nice. You'd enjoy the "Brighton Rock - Live Killers" preset in AmpliTube Brian May. Quite nice coming out of the virtual 3-amp setup. Loud and proud, for sure.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: ↑Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:06 am
Hink wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 pm Of course I have spent hours with two single delays set at 800ms :tu:
Nice. You'd enjoy the "Brighton Rock - Live Killers" preset in AmpliTube Brian May. Quite nice coming out of the virtual 3-amp setup. Loud and proud, for sure.
So is this going to be like the Slash and Hendrix product for Amplitube. Or did someone go out and model and sample his gear as per below?

https://youtu.be/jJ_OamX-PA8

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

"Live Killers" is one of my all-time favs. Super awesome.

reggie1979 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:49 am
"Live Killers" is one of my all-time favs. Super awesome.
It's horribly recorded, but there are some great performances on it.

Forgotten wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:24 pm
Burillo wrote: ↑Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:17 pm the only Queen record i would pan is their first two albums
Really? I think Queen II is one of their best albums. There are also some great live versions of those songs on the Live at the Rainbow album.
well, horses for courses. i personally think it sounds too "vintage" to me (as in, the recording/mixing quality hasn't aged well), and i'm not particularly into the "art rock" kind of thing they had going on on those albums.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

The only song I like by Queens is 7 seas of Rye.

The only record my Queen where I like Brian Mays guitar sound is News of the world.

I would get the May product just to see what the setup looks like and what he used. But I doubt I would use any of the presets or sounds in any music I make.

It's out. I have 25 credits so I'll give some of it a whirl. Me thinks the treble booster will be an insta buy. (since it's free :D )

Return to β€œGuitars”