Anyone using an external guitar processor?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:31 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:19 pm you can sit in a box in the cellar :tantrum: :cry:
Only if you join me! :love:
pervert.

Prude.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Someone asked Keef why he didn't use pedals:

"I need both feet for standing up, don't I?"
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hink wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:32 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm
Hink wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:23 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:54 pmtube amps. :hihi:

ftfy... :tu:
not for me at the min.
solid state.
my tubes are too powerful for home use, and cant be bothered with isolation chambers. that's money i can spend on noise makers :hihi:
that's what is nice about those two little Frenzels I have (besides being awesome pres in my rig), the option of a 12au7 for a power tube is fantastic. I mean a one to two watt all tube, single ended (class A) amp that is real (not plate starved) is the ultimate answer for low volume needs. Dimed it's about as loud as any practice amp that comes with an amp/guitar beginner package but the tone is sweeeeeeeeeet :tu:
yeah, i do keep thinking about getting a home amp, i like the orange rocker 32.
but im happy enough with the sound of the crush tbh, i remember a time where there was a world of difference between even a cheap tube and a decent solid state, yep, theres still a difference in the way the amps react but the sound is there at least.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:35 pm Someone asked Keef why he didn't use pedals:

not after a go on the heroin...

Not for 30+ years according to Keef. Still, Jack Daniels will have a similar effect on balance.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

well that must have ruined a few poppy farms profits :lol:

Bombadil wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:17 pm I bought a BOSS GT-8 last year off a local guy who only bought it for a few shows. Paid €120 for it. Messed with it once. I don't have the patience for real pedals. I used to find plugging everything in and dialing in a useable tone to be a buzzkill. I have a few OD/distortion pedals, a mod/delay, cry baby. I am going to probably replace the cry baby, but the rest can sit in the box in the cellar.
I left the battery in my CryBaby for too long and it exploded - breaking the little plastic grasp. Still need to fix that.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:17 pm I bought a BOSS GT-8 last year off a local guy who only bought it for a few shows. Paid €120 for it. Messed with it once. I don't have the patience for real pedals. I used to find plugging everything in and dialing in a useable tone to be a buzzkill. I have a few OD/distortion pedals, a mod/delay, cry baby. I am going to probably replace the cry baby, but the rest can sit in the box in the cellar.
I am/was a big Boss fan. I still have my old GT 5 that I bought in the 90s. The thing is like a tank.. It's been on tour and been spilt beer., Spit and everything else in every crappy stinky live venue in Toronto area. It just won't die.

Those BOSS GT have a certain sounds to them. The BOSS Roland sound. It's a personal taste thing.

With VSTs and Sims, can't be bothered to wire it up for recording. No point. I just dial up sounds from VSTs.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Bombadil wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:35 pm Someone asked Keef why he didn't use pedals:

Keef don't need stinking pedals. He just needs his attitude on stage.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I had a GT-10, even learned to use it, somewhat. Problem was, it lit my livingroom up like a christmas tree, not something I wanted for noodling around in the dark.

I'm very similar in view to Keef when it comes to pedals. I came to the mod/delay fx quite late (mid 20's). Basically, I was a distortion/wah player if I used any fx at all. I like a good spring verb, too.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:55 pm
I left the battery in my CryBaby for too long and it exploded - breaking the little plastic grasp. Still need to fix that.
I also have a Cry Baby that I can't fix. It works like a volume pedal right now, and after a little research found out that I can replace one capacitor and fix it. Problem with that is that I can't figure out how to get the board out without breaking it.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:21 pm
I also have a Cry Baby that I can't fix. It works like a volume pedal right now, and after a little research found out that I can replace one capacitor and fix it. Problem with that is that I can't figure out how to get the board out without breaking it.
Strategic design.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:37 pm
Strategic design.
Bastards!

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:38 pm
Unaspected wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:37 pm
Strategic design.
Bastards!
:hihi:

Return to “Guitars”