Your next guitar revisited

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love classic strat! But I hate the noise. That is why I go noiseless..............

It is what it is!

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:40 am I think if I got an expensive Tele I'd get single coils, but I do love the sounds I get from my current Tele.
How about a Nashville Tele?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:17 am
Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:40 am I think if I got an expensive Tele I'd get single coils, but I do love the sounds I get from my current Tele.
How about a Nashville Tele?
Maybe, but I’ve never played one. Think I’d like to try one first, but would definitely be considering an older one that’s been kept in good shape.

Is it Wednesday afternoon yet???????? :x

its about 3 hours from wednesday here

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:31 pm its about 3 hours from wednesday here
:x :bang:

I'm not a patient boy :cry:

go to bed early, and when you wake up i bet santa will be on his way :D

Mmmmmmmmmmm, Santa................. :love:

:o errr im not available, or gay. (not that's theres anything wrong with that of course, im just not)

I know. But I'm gonna bring up daddy bears as often as possible :D

:lol: fair enough.

"Your item is on it's way, here's the tracking number"

:hyper:

w00t! :party:

Nashville Tele's vary...

The most famous was the Brent Mason which was picked up by Valley Arts (a few years ago Gibson picked up the Valley Arts brand and re released it.) It features a Humbucker in the neck and two single coils for the middle and bridge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4cIzPOgMZQ

Then you have the James Burton Telecaster which is SSS and still sounds amazingly like a telecaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oygncbAhlSE

On the other hand you have the Larry Carlton Valley Arts tele which... sounds like a hard tail strat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqie9Q1qAuE

I have a CIC "Modern Player Plus" Fender Telecaster. HSS.
It has a coil tap for the bridge pup. Honestly from a physical experience it's the best playing tele (regardless of brand) I've ever laid hands on. Fit and finish is amazing. Fretwork, action is stellar. It's a Standard C profile neck and standard heel. The pups are for crap. It has a 5 way switch with a coil tap humbucker. The only useable tone per say is position 4 which produces a 70's strat type out of phase.

Looks beautiful.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I've got some variation in sound on mine, but with another Tele I'd really want to hear a traditional 50s Tele sound with just 2 single coil pickups. Definitely would spend most of my time playing it with a clean sound, so wouldn't worry about noise from the pickups.

Return to “Guitars”