Your next guitar revisited

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

debra1rlo wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:52 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm
debra1rlo wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:15 pm I shouldn't have
Reported!
Well, actually, I meant to get a purple Strat copy also :oops: :hihi:
Oh, OK.

Carry on then.

:hihi:

Bombadil wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:56 pm
Maybe make it collateral toward a loan? I don't know the situation, but sometimes money issues can resolve reasonably quickly, and then he'll be stuck without a guitar and amp. I've been there, and I always regretted selling my guitar.
Yeah, been there done that. But at least you had the guitar to sell.

Somehow afterwards there is always another guitar on the horizon. If you are willing to make the commitment. Honestly for some people it's better that they don't and simply move on with their lives. Kids to feed bills to pay should always take precedence over hobbies.

I've bought five guitars since I had to thin the herd. Got rid of one (the recording king, mostly because I'm not an acoustic player) They are fine and will have to do. It's time for me to focus my money elsewhere.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm
debra1rlo wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:15 pm I shouldn't have
Reported!
Re-reported - this is NOT the bass forum!

Seriously, what a beautiful body though. I envy bass players for how cool their instruments look.

Last edited by debra1rlo on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

you not interested in a bass vi in fiesta red (not pink) debs?

Last edited by debra1rlo on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:lol: im just messing, it donks weapon of choice :)

i want a purple one too, but they only have a baritone one in purple grrr.

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 pm :lol: im just messing, it donks weapon of choice :)

i want a purple one too, but they only have a baritone one in purple grrr.
I have more than one cock? :o

Seek and ye shall find;

https://www.allegromusic.co.uk/shop/6-s ... tric-bass/

Bought my 12 string from these - all good.

ooh free tuner too!
its about time i tried one :)

cheers boss.

cptgone wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 am @ resynthesis: I had a look at an Epiphone, she was €100 cheaper but I much preferred the Gibson's wood grain.
@ justin3am: wow, lovely guitar, that. A friend in need is a friend indeed ;)
Ah, the Epi Bonamassa Firebird sig is a pukka Firebird I non-reverse thing - thru-neck, banjo tuners. Difficult to find and the cheapest I've seen has been about £550.

debra1rlo wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 pm These guys make guitars with the same body style... and more. Hard Luck Kings.
Great company name, and what a lovely guitar.

Aren't you afraid of those fretboard spiders though? I would be.
I bet they put on spiders in hopes of startling people into smashing their guitars.
You see, there's nothing a guitar company hates more than a sold guitar that can still compete with new ones. In Australia alone, 2476 guitars were set on fire in 2019 - accidentally? C'mon. And don't get me started on Roswell pickups!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by debra1rlo on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Gibson arrived.

- no pretty wood grain (as in the pic that seduced me) :x
- sharp frets
- no fret buzz or other issues I could detect so far
- the minibuckers shine like mirrors, I can see my pedals in them which is kinda weird
- I like the sound, had fun strumming
- [EDIT: strike this, Thomann got me sorted after all]was charged €2.5 shipping fee cause Thomann doesn't read mails in time [/EDIT]
debra1rlo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:22 am LOL, I hadn't noticed the spiders, I was getting lost in the purple still :love:
:lol:

I edited my previous post. Thanks Thomann, you really seem to earn your reputation of taking care of customers.

2.5 euro seems reasonable for shipping a guitar :lol:
ive paid more than that to send a lego minfigure :lol:

Return to “Guitars”