Your next guitar revisited

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmmmmmmmm, seems like the states are a problem. I'll have to contact a local seller.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:20 pm Warmoth necks with tiltback headstocks have the truss rod adjustment at the nut.
you've probably come int more contact than I with Warmoth necks so my question is on the ones with the double rod how many have you seen that need attention on the truss rods? IME with just a couple, never and that's a good reason to consider Warmoth necks :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Irrelevant... :ud:
Last edited by Bombadil on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Hink wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:03 am you've probably come int more contact than I with Warmoth necks so my question is on the ones with the double rod how many have you seen that need attention on the truss rods? IME with just a couple, never and that's a good reason to consider Warmoth necks :shrug:
Yes, I’ve had the same experience. We use the Vintage Modern necks (single truss rod with adjustment at the headstock) on the Jazzbirds because they will make 1-piece maple necks for us that way but our tech who builds the guitars prefers the style you’re talking about.

Bombadil wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 pm And here is my latest. The Eastman didn't work out. This is a BSG git. Made in Czech Rep. All solid, Sitka/Mahogany. Lovely Rosewood binding. Sounds and plays fantastic. AFAIK, this is the only unit of this model out there on the interwebs.
Gorgeous! I love the body shape and grain.

Bombadil wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 pm And here is my latest. The Eastman didn't work out. This is a BSG git. Made in Czech Rep. All solid, Sitka/Mahogany. Lovely Rosewood binding. Sounds and plays fantastic. AFAIK, this is the only unit of this model out there on the interwebs.
P1150235.jpg
P1150239.jpg
:tu: enjoy my friend, beautiful guitar :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thanks, guys! It's a very nice guitar, I like her more everytime I play her. AFAIK, this is a one off model, so I think this guitar has very few sisters. This is an 'entry level' guitar. I've seen some of their custom models, and they are stunning, but out of price range. Nice to support a small workshop with 9 employees, though!
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

My evil plan worked :)
cptgone wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:12 am I ordered a Chapman Guitars ML3 Pro Traditional Triton :party:

Why?
- I've ordered a Revelation Jazzblaster but it refuses to arrive - buying another may tempt Fate to make both arrive simultaneously, just to piss me off.
- the Triton arrived today.
She's a beauty, and easy to please.
Very ergonomical compared to my faux ES335 (Ibanez Artstar): lightweight, small body.
The body resonates wonderfully against my belly, ladies beware: this guitar may well be made by Satan, to tempt and corrupt perfectly decent ladies like yourself.
[Picture: a stock picture, I don't want you guys jerkin' off to my new bff]

- the Revelation arrived at the dealer's today :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cptgone wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:19 pm My evil plan worked :)
cptgone wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:12 am I ordered a Chapman Guitars ML3 Pro Traditional Triton :party:

Why?
- I've ordered a Revelation Jazzblaster but it refuses to arrive - buying another may tempt Fate to make both arrive simultaneously, just to piss me off.
Very ergonomical compared to my faux ES335 (Ibanez Artstar): lightweight, small body.
The body resonates wonderfully against my belly, ladies beware: this guitar may well be made by Satan, to tempt and corrupt perfectly decent ladies like yourself.

as if id jerk over your guitar.
when i have your face to jerk over :)

nice axe.
dont forget to whack the gain up :hihi:

cptgone wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:19 pm My evil plan worked :)

Why?

I always wanted one of those.

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 pm when i have your face
Upon reading that, I considered updating my avatar with a Rick Astley pic - but it would be too much work.

Nice guitar.
Those brass saddles look adjusted quite a bit.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Yesterday, after a 7 month wait approximately, my Revelation RJ-60 M TL arrived.
https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-60-m-tl/

First impressions:
- fingerboard is pretty, but the merest touch of a fingernail scratches it - I don't mind though
- heavy, compared to the Chapman Tele I acquired recently
- plays well, slight buzz on 2 frets
- sounds nice, first time I picked her up I kept playing for ages
- the chicken head knob that supposedly adds filters is intriguing, I seem to like it. After a while I forgot I had switched it on, then wondered what effect I was hearing and spent a few minutes looking for an activated pedal in my 70 pedal loop, hehe.
- the pictures had me hoping for an arched top, but that isn't the case. The fretboard is glossy, turns out I really dislike that look. It has square inlays instead of Gibson's ugly parallelograms, would have preferred none but they're nice, they fit the guitar's glittery aesthetics.
- Jazzmaster shape is sexy :)
- my first trem is... wow! Much as I like my Digitech Whammy 5 pedal, the real thing really does add some magic.
- seems to detune rather easily, but she's fresh from the boat, China - UK - Belgium; my drafty house is heated on gas; wanking her whammy didn't seem to phase her much.

FWIW I'm happy with my purchase. I'm under the impression my €350 was well spent.

I'd also like to own a Les Paul and a Strat, I'm thinking Chapman/Ibanez. And if that local Revelation SG model were to be sufficiently discounted, I may find myself unable to resist.

Honestly I'd suggest the real deal if you are in the market for a Strat or an LP. I won't say that copies can't be good but some have serious longevity issues That being said my Samick fastback was an inexpensive guitar that I got tonnes of milage out of, pad little for and sold for more than I expected.

Glad to read that you re enjoying your new guitar.

I'm having unexpected expenses right now. It may be much longer for my next guitar than I originally thought.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Return to “Guitars”