All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You gave two reviews without ever actually reviewing them! :hihi:

Uncle E wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:53 am You gave two reviews without ever actually reviewing them! :hihi:
Did I, really?

My Bogner Wessex > Boss Metal Core review:
cptgone wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:16 am Like, metal type distortion
My Brainwaves review:
cptgone wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:16 am it pitch shifts like a bitch. Can't compare with competing pedals though
;)

you also said it was pink.
which is important, not enough reviews go in to colours and aesthetic beauty :)

Thanks, vurt :)
The Brainwaves' knob labels are a pain though: white on pink (I may have to boot up my Dymo again).
And a pair of brains is pictured, careful when there are hungry zombies around!

Concerning the Bogner Wessex, I'd like to add that the foot switch is as terrible as people say. Not a problem if one uses it by hand though. The knobs, on the other hand, are superb.
Oh, and it has a big bi-colour LED visualizing input dynamics.

The Wessex' production is outsourced (unlike Bogner's Ecstacy pedals) and IIRC a few people complain of issues when handled roughly - but I figure I should be fine, as I use my pedals at home only.

justin3am wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:35 am So I got that EHX Tube Zipper... the demos I saw didn't really prepare me for how weird this thing can get. It was a bit of a gamble but I only paid $60. I recorded a few noodles in which I play guitar with an ebow. Note, I don't play guitar very well... :D
https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/sets/t ... xperiments
I got one after listening to your recordings. It’s right at the edge of being too weird, it’s still playable (unlike the Earthquaker stuff) but it’s definitely pushing my boundaries. ;)

Has anyone tried a Palmer Pocket Amp MK 2? I’m looking to replace a Behringer GDI21.

Also, just bought a LunaStone TrueOverDrive 1 cheap on Thomann. Sounded very nice in all the demos but never heard of LunaStone. Apparently ex-TC guys so should be good if it’s anything like the MojoMojo I have. Anyone tried one?
Last edited by khanyz on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:23 pm
justin3am wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:35 am So I got that EHX Tube Zipper... the demos I saw didn't really prepare me for how weird this thing can get. It was a bit of a gamble but I only paid $60. I recorded a few noodles in which I play guitar with an ebow. Note, I don't play guitar very well... :D
https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/sets/t ... xperiments
I got one after listening to your recordings. It’s right at the edge of being too weird, it’s still playable (unlike the Earthquaker stuff) but it’s definitely pushing my boundaries. ;)
Cool! I like that you can use it as a parked wah, by setting the sensitivity all the way down. If the resonance is set low, it's almost like there is no noticeable peak but if set the resonance about half-way, you can get some really nice driven filter sounds, with the frequency set from 8-12 o'clock.

khanyz wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:34 pm just bought a LunaStone TrueOverDrive 1 cheap on Thomann.
Sold out already :o

cptgone wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:51 pm
khanyz wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:34 pm just bought a LunaStone TrueOverDrive 1 cheap on Thomann.
Sold out already :o
I say just but it was last Friday, it arrives tomorrow. I posted about it in bargains.

I think the Booster/Buffer Pedal is still available.

Indeed it is.

khanyz wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:56 pm I posted about it in bargains.
Thanks for that, I should check up more often, quite a steal at €38!
(But I own more than enough overdrives anyway)

Looks like another stealthy blow-out, I have this theory pedal companies sell out discretely through Thomann, far from the US market the world is focused on.

cptgone wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:06 pm
(But I own more than enough overdrives anyway)
reported!

cptgone wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:06 pmLooks like another stealthy blow-out, I have this theory pedal companies sell out discretely through Thomann, far from the US market the world is focused on.
Thomann do have a knack for irresistible bargains just when I’m saving for something else. Reaper 6 will have to wait.

khanyz wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:56 pm I say just but it was last Friday, it arrives tomorrow. I posted about it in bargains.
I ordered it soon after you posted and they had to cancel my order because they were all gone.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:19 am
khanyz wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:56 pm I say just but it was last Friday, it arrives tomorrow. I posted about it in bargains.
I ordered it soon after you posted and they had to cancel my order because they were all gone.
Sorry about that, I did order before I posted :oops:, but that only took 5 mins, including listening to the demos.

I found the deal on https://www.hotukdeals.com/. It’s totally random but has good offers quite often.

Anyway, Palmer Pocket Amp MK 2 anyone? They are fairly cheap so I’ll probably just get one. I have the Palmer Hurrigain pedal and it’s very nice.

Return to “Guitars”