Q: Downloading a new version?

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voltage Modular is currently downloading the new version 1.3.13.

The download speed is getting slower and slower (currently about 25% of the download speed from other sites.

Also, where will the download file be stored?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 pm Voltage Modular is currently downloading the new version 1.3.13.
The download speed is getting slower and slower (currently about 25% of the download speed from other sites.
Also, where will the download file be stored?
Do you mean it's getting slower as the download progresses? I suppose it's possible our server is getting hit hard, as other users download the update at the same time.

The download is temporarily stored in %appdata%\Voltage\cache\downloads on a Windows computer, or ~/Application Support/Voltage/cache/downloads on Mac OS. The installer will be automatically deleted once the update has completed and the new version of Voltage Modular is running.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

I gave up and went for direct download
which took seconds

Dave

Thank you for the info. Yes it did get slower as the download progressed. Started off at about 30% of what I get elsewhere, then dropped off a bit.

I'll try a direct download next time too. ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I'm getting very slow download speeds too. I think it took around 10 minutes to get the latest update - around 200mb I think. Generally I get around 6mb per second.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Return to “Cherry Audio”