Audio-outs-to-host with mono configuration?

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

is it possible to optionally have (all) the audio outs in a mono configuration?

I'm using Cubase 10 with Expert Sleepers ES-3 and see no way how to feed all 8 ES-3 channels via ADAT from within Cubase with just 4 stereo host returns.

Of course, I'm perfectly fine if this is an user error and there's a workaround. :wink:

Thanks,
LiteOn

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly how Cubase works in this instance, but 4 stereo returns gives you 8 mono channels of audio, so you just need to route the channels to their desired location. However, doesn't the ES-3 have a plug-in you can use to route signals to your hardware? If so, you can use Voltage Modular's Plug-In Host to send CV directly to the Expert Sleepers plug-in.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Hi Dan,

thanks for your quick reply.

My observation is the stereo returns get summed before the sends. But sure, I have to look it up again in more detail.

Yeah, I know there is Sielnt ways, but For simple gates/triggers I thought it wouldn‘t be required. Of course, for pitch cv the tuning feature is a necessity.
Btw,k wgen using Silent Ways withhe plugin-host my understanding is I need the Midi-to-CV module as well. Is this transformation sample accurate as well?

Cheers,
LiteOn

LiteOn wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:01 pm Yeah, I know there is Sielnt ways, but For simple gates/triggers I thought it wouldn‘t be required. Of course, for pitch cv the tuning feature is a necessity.
Btw,k wgen using Silent Ways withhe plugin-host my understanding is I need the Midi-to-CV module as well. Is this transformation sample accurate as well?
Hi,

I can't immediately think of a reason you'd want to use the Midi-to-CV module. You can feed any CV signals directly to the Silent Way plug-in via Voltage Modular's Plug-In Host modules. There's no conversion required.

Regarding sample accuracy, there's likely some hardware and driver latency in sending the signals from the Silent Way plug-in to the hardware, but Voltage Modular doesn't add any additional latency, and in all our our tests, the process is incredibly responsive.

We used this kind of setup at Synthplex to control a Roland System 500 modular with Voltage Modular's sequencers, LFOs, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5x90HGnps

Dan

Hi,

without yet trying by myself I‘ve got the information from this video https://youtu.be/aY11W4CgD9Y.

I will try Silent Way at the weekend. This is great stuff anyway! :tu:

Thanks for helping.

Cheers,
LiteOn

Hi,

I've installed the SW demo (the downloadable version 2.7.0) on my Windows 10 machine.

When I load the silentway.vst3 (this was really astonishing to me, I've never before loaded a plugin by directly loading/opening its plugin runtime file well, in standalone mode there's no other way ...) from one of either plugin-hosts modules (mini/full) the SW suite plugin which gets always loaded is "SW DC".

Now. How can I insert a different plugin of the suite, e.g. the Voice Controller plugin?

Control: when taking any other plugin slot within Cubase (for instance, a channel insert) I get listed all the single plugs from the suite by the plugin picker as expected.

I must have missed a crucial thing. :?:

Thanks,
LiteOn

/e: changed some words

Since it is essential for my integration setup I kindly like to bump my issue with loading individual SW plugins on Windows.

Thanks for your understanding.

Interesting, this must be a single .vst3 shell file containing multiple plug-ins. At the moment Voltage Modular doesn't support selecting a plug-in from a multi-plugin shell, but we'll look into adding this.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,
cherryDan wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:45 pm ..., but we'll look into adding this
great! At least, there‘s hope. :wink:

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
LiteOn

Hi Dan (and everybody else @CherryAudio),

thank you so much for quickly adding support for "shelled" multi plugins! :) :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is what I call a customer-centric attitude and business model, wonderful.

Cheers,
LiteOn

PS: since I'm so happy I will re-post this in the corresponding Instruments thread.

cherryDan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:32 am
Voltage Modular 1.3.14

You've asked us for some important features, and we've listened. The new Voltage Modular 1.3.14 update includes some really useful features:

[*]The Plug-in Host and Mini Plug-in Host modules can now load plug-in files with multiple embedded plug-in files. When choosing a plug-in with multiple choices, you'll see a dialog like this one, and you'll be able to choose which embedded plug-in you'd like to load:

Return to “Cherry Audio”