v1.3.10 Install

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oddly, the automatic download from within VM standalone (version 1.3.5) did not work so I logged in to my account and downloaded the v1.3.10 installer from there.

A couple of questions:
(a) the space required was stated as 319 MB (v1.3.5 was 126 MB) - it looks like the big increase is in VRE11 - with a lot of additional files.
(b) I noticed that a different VRE was installed. Can the old one (in the folder C:\ProgramData\Voltage\VRE) be deleted?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

The auto-download has never worked for me. Also getting some bad performance issues,
dunno if some of the modules needed to be updated for the 1.3.10 build. I will give it some time
to see if the problem manifests again. Hopefully, as it involved only a small number of modules
with my modular synth providing the only audio source.

-Cheers

So yeah, for me performance seems to have regressed with 1.3.10. I now have to increase the buffer size for my audio interface, to relieve the cracks and pops, where I never needed to before. Seemingly...

It's an older cpu, but not overly slow. Intel Core i7 4770k Win 8.1 *(standalone version)
I don't use the plugin version much.

*Also, I cant disable the signal animation, it always resets to 'on' at startup.

cheers

pekbro wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:13 am *Also, I cant disable the signal animation, it always resets to 'on' at startup.
Yep, same here.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Running Win10 here on an i7-4790K @ 4GHz

Auto update worked

Animate Cables, 3D Cables, Move Cables Away and Draw Shadow all were disabled prior to the update and they are still disabled.

I have noticed the stand alone feels a little sluggish compared to previous releases.

All,

Thanks for the feedback. There is a drawing glitch in this release that can cause meters to get stuck, LEDs to stay lit, etc. We'll be releasing an update to fix that as soon as today. We'll also be looking into the signal animation preference being stuck on.

I'll keep everyone informed when the new update is available.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

just installed 1.3.11
It seems to fix the problems I was kaving

Thanks
sc

All,

UPDATE: Voltage Modular 1.3.10, which was previous released, had a painting issue, and has been replaced with 1.3.11. This version resolves the issue with meters, LEDs, buttons, etc. not updating properly. It also solves the problem of the cable animations preference not saving properly. (Note: the painting issue may have caused performance issues for some users as well.)

By the way, we introduced a new feature in Voltage Modular 1.3.10. Go to your Settings, select the Account page, and there's a "Check for Update" button that will check for software updates, and download an update if it's available. Now would be a fun time to try this new feature!

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Thanks Dan,

The performance stuff definitely seems like it was graphics related for me.

Return to “Cherry Audio”