K1CK Synth Electronic Kick Drum Maker

Official support for: 2getheraudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those of you obsessed with getting the perfect electronic kick drum but don't have hours to do so, definitely check out K1CK Synth. Using the Qubiq struQture engine, we designed a hybrid synth that's 100% targeted at taking the drudgery out of this all-important task. In fact it's quite fun! And the sounds are great. They can range from floor breaking bass, booming 808s, acoustic lo-fi kicks, and lots more.

Under the hood you've got:

- 100 sampled attacks with shape, pitch and level control for designing the all-important attack
- an oscillator section with two envelopes to tune the pitch and amplitude decay
- a Smart Compressor and Drive Circuit to dial in extra punch and presence.
- a decimator, bit crusher, low pass filter and high pass filter to add character
- three mic impulse circuits emulating popular kick drum mics for some final polish

You can download the K1CK demo here

nice :)
pleased to say it installs and loads on OSX10.9.5 :)
let's give it a bash

2getheraudio wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:00 pm Image

For those of you obsessed with getting the perfect electronic kick drum but don't have hours to do so, definitely check out K1CK Synth. Using the Qubiq struQture engine, we designed a hybrid synth that's 100% targeted at taking the drudgery out of this all-important task. In fact it's quite fun! And the sounds are great. They can range from floor breaking bass, booming 808s, acoustic lo-fi kicks, and lots more.

Under the hood you've got:

- 100 sampled attacks with shape, pitch and level control for designing the all-important attack
- an oscillator section with two envelopes to tune the pitch and amplitude decay
- a Smart Compressor and Drive Circuit to dial in extra punch and presence.
- a decimator, bit crusher, low pass filter and high pass filter to add character
- three mic impulse circuits emulating popular kick drum mics for some final polish

i imagine lots of ppl are interested in this, there might be a lot more if you bothered to leave a link.

AnX wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:50 pm i imagine lots of ppl are interested in this, there might be a lot more if you bothered to leave a link.
Here you are.

The oscillator needs an attack function.
Presently the only way to shape the attack, is to turn the attack section down, and then use the low pass filter to remove the click. Which is silly.
If then you wanna put some of the attack section back into it, too bad, cos it's filtered by the low pass also. It's very limited. It's also a bit silly that there are far too many options for the attack type, and not many of them respond well to the hold and decay functions. It just feels like there's more love for the attack than there is for the actual KICK.

I dig the compressor i guess, there's a bit of a sweet spot there... The drive circuit tends falls apart a bit early, not totally unpleasant, but for a KICK drum module... it's a bit loose? I don't know what the majority of people do with their kick drums, but i find that the bitcrush and decimate effects are basically useless. Along with the mic fx which just kill any solid low end.

It's ok for $10, but even then it would be something i'd need to layer with a more solid drum synth.
Being unable to save patches is a missed trick in any demo also.
I really think this plugin could have benefited from a bit more planning.

sqigls wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:07 am I don't know what the majority of people do with their kick drums, but i find that the bitcrush and decimate effects are basically useless.
They're very useful tbh.

can you give me link to an example please?
is it a chip tune thing?

Not sure if you just trying to be funny or what but using those fx is quite common technique.

Obviously too lazy to Google too so here's a quick link https://www.audiotent.com/production-ti ... kick-drum/

Youtube also has so many videos of the subject that even you should understand the point.

I'd also recommend to get familiar with genres like hardcore hardstyle etc..
Even I use some crushing on my kicks, even though it's not a merit for the technique 😂

Hi folks. We've just released a free update to K1CK Synth which addresses some of the comments on this thread.

New in version 1.1
New oscillator ATTACK parameter. This parameter allows for additional fine tune control over the attack portion of the sound. It adds an attack envelope stage to the oscillator to enable very fast, no click attacks. This also opens up the sampled attacks to come through better.

25 new attack samples

25 new K1CK Synth presets

Get the free update here:
https://www.2getheraudio.com/k1ck-synth-v1-1-update/

is there a way to have the expert page always open?
thank you!

You mean when re-opening the plugin interface? So it remembers what view you were in?

yes, each time i open the interface, the view reverts to the simple view.
I want to see the expert view permanently. or at least for the plugin to remember the view per active session instance or saved project instance.
permanently would be better, as i will never be needing the simple view.

thanks for your quick reply!

also, is it possible i can save a default preset that will load automatically each time i load the plugin? Or delete all factory presets?... Even if i save my own preset named "Absolute" - the built-in "Absolute" preset always loads instead.

Thank you for the suggestions. We are looking at what can be implemented.

Return to “2getheraudio”