Ticky Clav 2

Official support for: 2getheraudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back by popular demand comes another remastered virtual instrument originally released by Big Tick Audio. This time its Ticky Clav, quite possibly the first virtual instrument that used physical modeling to emulate the hugely popular Hohner D6 Clavinet, made famous by Stevie Wonder's hit song Superstition. Ticky Clav 2 continues to use physical modeling but expands the controls that made this plugin so popular.

Updated and re-released by 2getheraudio, Ticky Clav 2 is available for free at https://www.2getheraudio.com.

Awesome thanks, I'll make another NKS version this evening

funky shizzle

THANK YOU!!!

i feel like i'm getting closer to Angelina 2 :P

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:21 pm Awesome thanks, I'll make another NKS version this evening
Done

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bn3rl866lol8 ... tCjla?dl=0

I'm sad that this doesn't sound like the original 32bit plugin. None of the other physical modeled clavinets I've tried (e.g. GSI, Pianoteq..) have given me the same satisfying chunky fatness, even if they are perhaps more accurate simulations. Oh well... Ticky Clav 2 still sounds pretty good.

NAD, this is very strange because this is a straight port of the original code, with some minor bug fixes. So it should sound like the original.

It does to me

Big Tick wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:26 pm NAD, this is very strange because this is a straight port of the original code, with some minor bug fixes. So it should sound like the original.
Well this is indeed very strange... It seems we have a mystery on our hands!
Here's a comparison I made:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jmvaq ... kKlBzye8ai
ver1.wav is the original 32bit plugin on the default preset.
ver2 A.wav is the new plugin on the default preset.
ver2 B.wav is the new plugin after trying to match the parameter values to the original.
ver2 C.wav is the new plugin after trying to match the sound by ear.
(I also added screenshots of the settings.)

I could get pretty close bet it's definitely not the same. I wonder what the culprit might be. Could it be something like precision of internal processing? (Did I just make that up?)

In any case, I'm still loving the new one so thank you very much for giving it to us!

NAD wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:22 pm I'm sad that this doesn't sound like the original 32bit plugin. None of the other physical modeled clavinets I've tried (e.g. GSI, Pianoteq..) have given me the same satisfying chunky fatness, even if they are perhaps more accurate simulations. Oh well... Ticky Clav 2 still sounds pretty good.
Hmm..the newer version sounds better IMO. :shrug:

It certainly looks better.

Hi folks,

We just posted a new TickyClav2 (version 1.0.1) which fixes the Windows 7 issue.

NEW registered users will get the new version when they sign up on our website.

PREVIOUSLY registered users will get an email tomorrow with the new download link.

Please email us at support@2getheraudio.com if you experience any issues.

Enjoy!

Could you emulate the very first version of the Clavinet, (which to me sounds the best), the Hohner Clavinet I

Demoed here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbQmwLE5sA
and here
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq_kGC0cXbg

And used by Vangelis: www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wwk-EbxK88
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “2getheraudio”