BigTick = 2getheraudio?

Official support for: 2getheraudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

btw Rhino support requests should go to BigTick forum, let's keep this one for all the 2getheraudio stuff.

Thanks for the Ticky clav :clap:

Rhino is not going to come 2gether with 2getheraudio?

Never say never, but it's not in the immediate plans.

just came across the kick drum synth. Never heard of this company or guy before (though i have had a few big ticks in my time)

The kick synth is pretty damn rad. I own all of the other ones available, so i wasn't going into it 'needing' another kicksynth, but i do love my drum synths! Needless ot say this one is very cool. it is nice to see a kick plugin that actually provides a decent set of click sources. Really nice.
Fast to work with too.

Would love to know more about how this works on the inside. I was even impressed by the compression - some of my finest compressors took a while to program to get that kind of size.
Good effort, more than fair price. What is not to love?

Thanks ! Please spread the word !

The K1CK plugin was designed by Adam from http://www.knobz.net/

Is Angelina getting some botox at some point?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

We might, but with these reissues we tried to improve on the originals and personally I would redesign Angelina differently. Then it becomes a bigger project.

I understand. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hi 2gethers, I`m sitting at ST3REO demo.

Fascinating how quickly I can create spatial corridors with it
and send things back and forth. Think I`ll catch it next month.

No technical issues so far, some fx presets go slighly out of mono compability (says my metering).
Maybe others find something more.

I don`t know how well it is perceived,
so does it make sense to dedicate a thread to it?

I would watch it.

Cheers
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Thanks for the post. Yes, people are digging ST3REO which we're happy to see. I just posted a new thread for it. Curious to hear people thoughts on it!

2getheraudio wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 pm I just posted a new thread for it.
Super, thanks
2getheraudio wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 pm Curious to hear people thoughts on it!
Me too, let`s see
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

sqigls wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:10 pm Angelina 2 please :)
+1000000

Omkar wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 pm No technical issues so far, some fx presets go slighly out of mono compability (says my metering).
Hello Omkar,

Thanks for testing this :tu: All straight stereo widening presets (not using the Mod chorus stage) are perfectly mono-compatible (because the sides cancel each other out in mono, leaving only the dry signal).

The presets featuring the Mod function introduce a Mono + Stereo chorus. That's what you are seeing on your meters. If we only had the Stereo chorus (which would cancel itself out in mono) the chorusing tone would be completely gone in mono and, for example when mixing guitars, the chorus sound is an important part of the timbre, so it can't possibly disappear in mono, because your song would sound different tone-wise in mono. That's why there's the mono chorus stage too, which doesn't cancel in mono, leaving the tonal characteristic intact. And because the chorus effect is based on the comb filtering, there will be cancellation notches (that's how it's supposed to sound ;-), so it's hard to talk about mono compatibility of such an effect. Maybe I didn't explain myself well in the tutorial.

Do you think there should be a choice of Mono stage on/off?

Best,

Adam
Sound designer. Educator. 2getheraudio.com | knobz.net | IG: adam.filter

Adam Filter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:47 am
Omkar wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 pm No technical issues so far, some fx presets go slighly out of mono compability (says my metering).
Hello Omkar,

Thanks for testing this :tu: All straight stereo widening presets (not using the Mod chorus stage) are perfectly mono-compatible (because the sides cancel each other out in mono, leaving only the dry signal).

The presets featuring the Mod function introduce a Mono + Stereo chorus. That's what you are seeing on your meters. If we only had the Stereo chorus (which would cancel itself out in mono) the chorusing tone would be completely gone in mono and, for example when mixing guitars, the chorus sound is an important part of the timbre, so it can't possibly disappear in mono, because your song would sound different tone-wise in mono. That's why there's the mono chorus stage too, which doesn't cancel in mono, leaving the tonal characteristic intact. And because the chorus effect is based on the comb filtering, there will be cancellation notches (that's how it's supposed to sound ;-), so it's hard to talk about mono compatibility of such an effect. Maybe I didn't explain myself well in the tutorial.

Do you think there should be a choice of Mono stage on/off?

Best,

Adam
Hi Adam, thanks for getting back.
Could be moved to the ST3REO thread in case of interested readers.

I remember some presets metered as slightly off was chorus related
and I consider the chorus a bonus.
I wasn`t focused on that part and just reflected the stepping through presets.

In terms of mono compability (or the metering of it) it may makes sense to have the chorus
as a separate area, generally speaking.
As far as I understood the layout the chorus sits/blends on the stereo part,
the idea could be vice versa, the stereo sits/blends on the chorus.
Then a chorus could be used mono/stereo and spread across the stereo field.

I hope that makes sense :)

Return to “2getheraudio”