AMBEO Orbit License Confusion

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. LICENSE TO USE: Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG (“Sennheiser”) grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license for the use of the accompanying software and documentation (collectively "Software") only to administrate or control the therefore specified Sennheiser Equipment. You are not allowed to use the Software to control or to administrate any hardware other than Sennheiser Equipment without having a separate written license agreement therefor.

Could you please tell me what hardware you are talking about; plus if I own no relevant Sennheiser hardware, am I even allowed to use this plugin with my DAW? The only piece of Senneheiser hardware I own is a now-defunct and no longer supported set of headphones.

It's been nearly 2 days without a reply. This is a serious query and I really need the answer to this question. I have a monetized YouTube channel, plus I am selling recordings; therefore everything I do must be legal and above board. So I also need to know in addition to my first question if the output of AMBEO Orbit can be used commercially.

Hi Hypnogoddess

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was double-checking with the team to be sure. The part of the license you quoted is in fact wrong, looks like a classic copy-paste error to me. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll see to it that this is amended ASAP.

You are absolutely free to use Orbit for commercial purposes, without restrictions. Orbit is not tied to hardware in any way, so you can use with any equipment. It is intended for use in a DAW.

I apologize for the confusion and hope you continue enjoying our Orbit plugin.

Best regards,
Lorenz / Sennheiser AMBEO Team

Return to “Sennheiser AMBEO”