Left click sometimes interpreted as right click in Zebra 2.8

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tracked this down on my KDE/Arch Linux box as being triggered by switching keyboard layouts. Left click acts as Left click with the default layout (US standard) and right click with my other layout (US Dvorak), I don't see this behaviour with any other application on the system and I didn't have this issue with Zebra 2.7 - Is there a better place to report bugs or is this it.

update: I have since upgraded my version of the plugin to the latest and carla to the latest. With that combination I no longer have the issue however with Ardour 5.8 I do. Looks to be a host issue.
Last edited by kayosiii on Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

additional note, the very first left click after switching layouts is interpreted as a left click, from the second click onwards as a right click.
Does anybody know if Zebra uses a toolkit like JUCE?

In KDE System Settings/Windows Management/Window Rules, you can create a Window-rule for each u-He plugin (Window matching/Window title/Substring match/<name>. Set Appearance & Fixes/Accept focus to 'Force' and 'No'.

That doesn't make a difference for me

I have since upgraded my version of the plugin to the latest and carla to the latest. With that combination I no longer have the issue however with Ardour 5.8 I do. Looks to be a host issue.

VOXLmotiondesign wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:22 am In KDE System Settings/Windows Management/Window Rules, you can create a Window-rule for each u-He plugin (Window matching/Window title/Substring match/<name>. Set Appearance & Fixes/Accept focus to 'Force' and 'No'.

My environment is Kubuntu 20.10 / Reaper 6 and I experience the same issue with other U-he plug-ins such as Hive and Diva.

For me the window rule described above fixes the issue for exactly a single interaction when the plug-in windows is reopened. Then the left button starts misbehaving. Once I close and re-open the window, I can again do a single interaction.
Last edited by jarkko on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noticed that in Gnome U-he plug-ins DO work perfectly. Both in XFCE and KDE the plug-in window behaves badly. Given the very same pattern of failure, it looks that there really is a bug in the plug-in implementation that is masked when running them inside Gnome.

With XFCE 4.16 release, plugins started to work properly. No idea why. Maybe something to do with the fact that there's been extensive amount of GTK3 fixes and updates, whereas earlier release where kind of halfway there.

Return to “u-he Linux support”