Hive 2.0, pop sound when changing presets, no sound / or highly distorted

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using the latest Hive 2.0 from the U-he website (Rev 8676) with Debian 9 and Renoise. As this only happened once it might be a rare issue (which however I never observed with 1.2 IIRC). When changing presets there's a pop sound and sometimes no tone or a highly distorted tone so that Renoise stops the output. After reloading it works again.

Will be back when I know more.

There is a possible DC issue, which could cause this problem. We are aware of it, but we haven't yet found what is causing it.
And yes, it's a rare issue. In case it happens, just close and reopen your host, and Hive should be fine again.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Ok. Really strange that I run into all the rare issues, do you want to pay me as a beta tester? :D Just kidding ... Hive 2.0 is great so far!!!

I've been using Hive 2 this evening and have experienced the same problem in Cubase 10.0.30. I noticed it when I originally installed it on release. Quite a few presets just click when I change to them and then make no sound, although midi is registering and cpu usage increases when pressing notes.

I should point out that I'm running Windows 10, not Linux, as I've just noticed this is in the Linux forum.

Return to “u-he Linux support”