VST3 plugins

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm testing out Reaper which has support for VST3 plugins in Linux and I'm interested in trying the VST3 version of Presswerk for its sidechain compression. Is there a Linux VST3 plugin that I can use to do this?

I have vst3i versions of ACE, Hive, and Repro 1 and 5
here, working in linux Reaper, links in /home/username/.vst3
pointing to the .u-he folder. Should be fine for your tests.
Cheers

I've updated them to their latest versions, but they all crash in VST3 except Presswerk. Luckily that's really the only one I had interest in as a VST3 plugin for the sidechain compression feature. This happens on two separate computers of mine in Reaper, on Fedora 29. I own and have tested the following U-he products:

Diva
Presswerk
Satin
Colour Copy
Twangström

All my VST3i U-he plugins crash Reaper immediately :/

Which version of the plugins do you have and which version of reaper do you have? I've just tested Hive and it works very well here. Do you have some logs? Console output? Anything that could help to understand the issue?

abique wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:55 pm Which version of the plugins do you have and which version of reaper do you have? I've just tested Hive and it works very well here. Do you have some logs? Console output? Anything that could help to understand the issue?
Sorry, totally missed your post. I will have a look and let you know. All u-he vst3 plugins are still crashing reaper.

abique wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:55 pm Which version of the plugins do you have and which version of reaper do you have? I've just tested Hive and it works very well here. Do you have some logs? Console output? Anything that could help to understand the issue?
Some plugins work, so I was wrong on this.

Reaper version I'm using is v6.03 - January 13 2020
VST 3 Diva 8272: works
VST 3 Hive 8676: works
VST 3 Zebra 2 8272: works

VST 3 Repro 1 & Repro 5 8256: Crashes with segfault
VST 3 Satin 8256 Crashes
VST 3 Colorcopy 8256 Crashes

Code: Select all

./reaper 
jack: created client
jack: setting TIME_CRITICAL = 74
jack: activated client
Segmentation fault
As the other plugins work in Bitwig it might be a Reaper issue?

lilith93 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:49 pm All u-he vst3 plugins are still crashing reaper.
Have you tried the current versions, rev. 9724?
viewtopic.php?p=7649781#p7649781

They have an issue with Ardour/Mixbus, but over here they are running fine in Reaper.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:14 am
lilith93 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:49 pm All u-he vst3 plugins are still crashing reaper.
Have you tried the current versions, rev. 9724?
viewtopic.php?p=7649781#p7649781

They have an issue with Ardour/Mixbus, but over here they are running fine in Reaper.
Hey great! The repro-1 is working, will also update the other plugins then :) Thanks :tu:

Return to “u-he Linux support”