Latest Linux Builds (8272)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I asked that already in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=292&t=521198).
Is it also possible in Linux to get a kind of crash dump in a log file when a plugin is behaving strangely?

Creating a log file used to work with older versions of the plugins, but the functionality is broken on Linux in current builds (unless Alex already fixed it, don't know that).
That QA guy from planet u-he.

@tasmaniandevil: Thanks for the info. With respect to this issue (viewtopic.php?f=292&t=521198), does it make sense to contact the u-he support directly? Is there anything I can do to help debugging this?

This is a bug which is not limited to Linux.
It's very rare and random, and we didn't have the time and resources to fully investigate it yet. It might be the HPF filter, suddenly causing a DC offset, or it might be something else, we are not sure yet.
But we are aware of it, and it will surely be fixed in the future.
When this happens, it might be a good idea to restart the host, and reload the project.
This should prevent the problem from showing up for a while, so you hopefully can continue working on the project without interruptions.

Great to hear this :) One last question: Can the signal that is emitted by DIVA in such a case be harmful to the speakers? It sounds similar to white noise, but a bit lower in frequency. I guess it´s not a problem for the speakers.

Although I don't think that the bug could do any harm, every impulse with enough energy could potentially damage a speaker. If you are in doubt and experience the bug on a regular basis, and if you are used to running your speakers at a very high volume/level, maybe simply place a limiter plugin in the signal chain after Diva to avoid any potential issues.

Just wanted to say this. The current batch (8272 - including current Dark Zebra) works great on Xubuntu 18.04 LTS. Many thanks for the work done !

Cheers.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 am Although I don't think that the bug could do any harm, every impulse with enough energy could potentially damage a speaker. If you are in doubt and experience the bug on a regular basis, and if you are used to running your speakers at a very high volume/level, maybe simply place a limiter plugin in the signal chain after Diva to avoid any potential issues.
Thanks. I usually have a limiter on the master track. Last time it happened just in the second I turned the volume up. That's why I'm asking. I should be more worried about my heart I guess :D .

Oh dear me - now that I started downloading the various plugins I've got licence on I realised how many I've purchased over the last couple of years :D

Thanks a lot for making this thread again!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi !
How to lunch Hive ?
I try

Code: Select all (#)

./Hive.64.so 
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
Thx for reply :)

Pacifick42 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:55 pm Hi !
How to lunch Hive ?
I try

Code: Select all

./Hive.64.so 
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
A .so file is not an executable file, it is a shared library, like a .dll in Windows. It will be load into your DAW if it's in the VST path for your DAW. None of the u-he plugins have stand-alone versions, they all need to be loaded using a VST host (a DAW, usually).

Si je peut faire une petite blague ... "to lunch Hive" brings memories of eating honey combs :)

Cheers.

The windows Hive should work as a linux-standalone,
useing Tone2's Nanohost64.exe

Copy Nanohost64.exe into a wine based Hive folder,
and rename it Hive.exe

Start it with the wine command, and route it
wherever a jackd patchbay will allow.
Nanohost has a simple settings panel to choose
our audio/midi and wineasio,
and a handy recorder is built in.
Cheers

Would have been fantastic if there was made a PPA repository with these, updated as new versions are made available...

Never too late for a good idea to be considered 8)

Beamboom wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:08 pm Would have been fantastic if there was made a PPA repository with these, updated as new versions are made available...
u-he's synths are designed to install in the users' home directory. No distributed package from any sane distribution will install anything in the users' home directory. Are PPAs expected to follow distribution guidelines?

EDIT: Grammar correction

Return to “u-he Linux support”