Latest Linux Builds (8272)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some testing in Debian 9 using Reaper 5.965 seems to indicate something similar to the Bitwig 2.4 problem.

My U-he stuff (updated to 8272) works fine but loading ZebraHZ (8256) kills Reaper..

Just for everyones information.

There's a typo in the folder name of https://www.u-he.com/downloads/linux/be ... 272.tar.xz, when extracted the directory is called TripleCheese-8272.

Thanks a lot ABique! THose new builds are great!

trrra wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:51 am
abique wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 pm What desktop environment do you use? X11? Wayland?
I've upgraded Ubuntu to 18.04.1 yesterday in hopes of fixing the issue, so I can't say for sure what I was using. I never enabled wayland explicitly, so it was X11 unless Ubuntu used wayland as default. Now it's definitely X11. Haven't had that issue yet.
The issue occurred again. Booting Ubuntu with Wayland instead of X11 fixed the issue. I am happy using Wayland for now, but maybe you have some thoughts why it might happen with X11 and only sometimes - for a period of a few hours and then it magically fix itself?

Thank you Abique + U-he, these plugins make all the difference. :tu: :clap:

For anyone wondering about ZebraHZ, latest build as of today is 8256

Thanks Abique for those recent update and spending so much time on this project. I installed all recent updates and the new Hive Wavetable is so crazy. :D

I found one bug in ColourCopy. When I try to enter the option menu in the top right corner the plugin crashes. I have found this behavior only in ColourCopy so far. DAW is Bitwig 2.3.5. Hope this helps.

BTW: How can I tag a preset with the new tagging system. Does anybody know?

Thanks, abique!
I experienced the exact same bug as hihu with ColourCopy: Pressing the menu button on the top right makes my daw (qtractor) crash.
Also just opening Bazille makes qtractor crash.
Not really a big problem, though, as there are good, stable builds to fall back on.

A question simply out of curiousity, as I am not a developer and don't always understand how programming works:
I was fascinated when downloading the various builds, as I noticed their size.
Repro, with its 2 really powerful synths, which can also be rather hungry on resources, and are filled with rich sound and so many possibilities is less than 30 mb large. Like 4-5 pictures on my camera. It's really amazing!
And Presswerk, which is the plugin I cannot live without, is 44 mb.
They are both impressively small files, but what does Presswerk contain that makes it so much larger than Repro?
What's in those mbs?
Also I see that the old build of Presswerk I was using (7669) is 35 mb. What's in the 9 new mbs?

I am not trying to imply anything with this, I'm simply very fascinated by the power per mb.

Hi thanks.
I'll have a look at ColourCopy.
Presswerk bundles a tool: Project File Converter.zip which is already 5MB.
Through I'm not sure if that one is necessary on Linux.
And the Presswerk manual is 11MB while the repro manual is much smaller, maybe the presswerk manual was not properly compressed? I'll check with the guys :-)

Thank you.

abique wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:45 am And the Presswerk manual is 11MB while the repro manual is much smaller, maybe the presswerk manual was not properly compressed? I'll check with the guys :-)
Haha, I was up for some programming magic and a story about how Presswerk's mathematics are just so advanced.
And then it might simply be the manual. That's lovely! :D

Krans, you might want to checkout https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbrot_set
Size does not matter, hum ;-)

abique wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:45 am And the Presswerk manual is 11MB while the repro manual is much smaller, maybe the presswerk manual was not properly compressed? I'll check with the guys :-)
The Repro manuals don't contain a whole heap of colour screenshots, as they are based on the original/classic Sequential Circuits manuals. Just vector graphics, which are relatively small.

I just noted that there is a more recent Hive for Linux in the non-linux U-he forum..
Hive 1.2.1 maintenance update RC rev. 8296
Hive_121_RC_8296_Linux.tar.xz

ZebraHZ however is still rev. 8256

Thanks a lot abique !!!

Hello,

Please disregard. I commented on the file name for Dark Zebra, but then after downloading the other Linux updates, the Dark Zebra archive is an exception and does not have it's build number shown up front and only until the archive is actually untarred, which is not the case for all other tar files.

Cheers.

Return to “u-he Linux support”