Bug in UI for Zebra*, Repro*, ColourCopy in Bitwig 2.5beta3

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there.
I found a possible bug in U-he plugins by using Bitwig 2.5beta3.
For every instance of u-he plugins Zebra2. ZebraHZ, Repro-1/5, ColourCopy, the first time the gui gets open, it is shown totally broken or black; closing the gui and open again makes everything works.
I thought it was a Bitwig bug, but the support people there told me that it's a bug of the Linux plugins on U-he side.
Now, that’s strange: Hive and Presswerk do not show this annoying behavior: the UI works since plugin load, on every instance.
All the other plugins I have, from other vendors, work properly.
I did not check u-he plugins I do not own. If you need I can test them for you. Just ask.
Best regards,
Fabrizio

I have an update.
I've checked all the other plugins, apart ACE.
They seems to work, that means the first time I open the interface it is shown... I was asking myself if it might depend to the fact that not having a license a splash screen with the request to enter a license gets displayed... Podolsky, by the way, works.
What I've noticed, also, is that if I save a project and I give enough time after the reopening, then all the plugins show the UI correctly. That is that only when I add Zebra2, ZebraHZ, Repro-1/5 or ColourCopy then the first time the UI is shown is buggy...
I don't know if this can be of any help... That's definitely strange... as a good bug *MUST* be...
Fabrizio

Hi,
Yes I'm aware of it.
I'm working on a solution.

Hi Abique,
please consider me if you want I check a build for you.
I’m checking forum and email even during my working hours and I have my pc with all software installed with me.
I’m happy to help, if you need.
Thank you for all your work on linux.
Fabrizio

Hey there!
I've just checked Bitwig 2.5beta4 and seems that problems with U-he UI are gone...
Back to home I will triple check!
Just to let you know...
Fabrizio

There is still a problem when you grow the scaling right?

Oh well... damn yeah...
And I had the same issue of first time opening on Zebra2...
I'm trying to find out a way to reproduce it always but it doesn't happens always.
I'll be back...
ffffff...

Ok... I can't reproduce the first time broken...
But if I open Zebra2, then I go on any module, right click and choose Original or Unempty Dark Horse then I go back to DotEight then I get the broken interface...
:-(

Well... Actually even Diva and the others when scaling up and down have the same problem... Sorry if my report was inaccurate...
Fabrizio

Hi there.
Are there news about the gui issues?
I’ve tried the zebra2 plugin in Ardour on my linux box and looks like the problem appears also in that configuration.
Best regards,
Fabrizio

Did you try the latest builds?
They should improve on that issue.
viewtopic.php?f=292&t=519252

Ok, sorry Alex...
Looking for an answer here, I've missed that post: my fault.
Best regards,
Fabrizio

Return to “u-he Linux support”