ZebraHZ 2.8 update

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys !

I have been looking out for the 2.8 update for ZebraHZ but i think it still does not exist. Had a brief conversation with U-he support and it was under development and would possibly be ready in a few days.

Is this true or is it released already ?

Keep up the awesome work and Happy New Year, team U-he :harp: :band2:

It's released. Go through the procedure for getting your serial numbers and you will also get a download to the latest ZHZ.

EDIT: Oops, sorry didn't see this was in Linux subforum. For Linux I don't know if ZHZ is out :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:52 am It's released. Go through the procedure for getting your serial numbers and you will also get a download to the latest ZHZ.

EDIT: Oops, sorry didn't see this was in Linux subforum. For Linux I don't know if ZHZ is out :)
Exactly.. Neither do I.

I took me somewhere like a year to figure out by mistake that ZebraHZ was available for linux and I am certain that there are many linux u-he users that are still unaware of that.

I am trying to not miss the train once again but are not sure how to approach that.

U-he support directed me to kvr forums since abique is around but there are lots of threads and places where things could surface or not.

Hopefully this thread will get attention when ZHZ2.8 gets out.

last time I asked I was told it s not out yet but will come soon.. hope to get some notice on that...

calimerox wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:04 pm last time I asked I was told it s not out yet but will come soon.. hope to get some notice on that...
In the meantime, the windows versions should work in wine with reaper,
and maybe other daws. No problems here in wine,
if you can handle the ambience :hyper:

There will be an announcement about it soon, but we just added ZebraHZ v2.8 for Linux to the official download.

You can get it by requesting your licenses through the My Licenses page on our website, then download from the link in the email. The download will now also contain the Linux version.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thanks to all at the u-he team for this.

Question: Is this VST3 only?

skottish wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:08 pm Is this VST3 only?
No, it should be VST2 and VST3. If you use Bitwig, I'm told it doesn't display all plugin options anymore by default since v2.5, but there should be a setting in options to enable that.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 am
skottish wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:08 pm Is this VST3 only?
No, it should be VST2 and VST3. If you use Bitwig, I'm told it doesn't display all plugin options anymore by default since v2.5, but there should be a setting in options to enable that.
Thanks Rob. I always appreciate the help.

I'm usually running Ardour 6ish (from git). It can't see the plugin at all, which is consistent with VST3. That's why I asked. Qtractor can see it and it works, but I haven't played extensively with it. I checked Ardour 5 after you posted and the plugin loads there, but crashes on save (another problem that is known about and fixed in 6).

I'll see what I can do to find out why Ardour isn't finding it. I really have no intention of going outside of the open source world other than u-he and Modartt plugins, so I'll dig in and see what I can do.

EDIT: I have no idea what happened, but auto-magically it works now. Don't know why, but this is much better.
Last edited by skottish on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is awesome, Thanks a lot Rob

Nice!
First impression: The skin is quite different form Z2's skins. It's similar, of course, but I wouldn't mistake Z2 for Z2HZ, side-by-side. Generally speaking, I like the "plump" appearance of the elements. I feel like I can see it better.

Thanks for getting this ready! I have the vsti and vst3i loaded in linux Reaper,
all seems well, except the sounds and gui,
which are really REALLY WELLLLLLL!!! :hyper:

Return to “u-he Linux support”