Save the settings

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the general forum, but is it just me or does Hive not save settings anymore (or maybe just the Linux version?)? Case in point, I had a custom theme that no longer works properly (obviously), but I can't get it to save the new setting with factory theme? If I remember correctly (and I may not) one had to open the configuration settings cog and close it again to save the settings?

Beamboom wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:47 pm If I remember correctly (and I may not) one had to open the configuration settings cog and close it again to save the settings?
Observing the settings file (Support/com.u-he.Hive.Preferences.txt) suggests that settings are saved immediately on each change and again when minimizing or unloading the VST.

Strange, doesn't happen here. But thanks for telling me about the location of the config file, I can now edit it manually :)

Did you change the theme by RMB clicking on the VST background or by clicking on "Default Skin" in the prefs panel? There is an intentional difference, only the latter saves the theme setting. So if you just chose the theme via background click, it would visibly change but not change the setting in the file. Is this what happened?

Return to “u-he Linux support”