Hive 1.2 (rev 8120)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

abique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:35 pm Hi everyone,

I hope you like our new home (some might call it Dungeon).

Here's a new build for Hive with a fix for the XY menu which had no effect.

https://we.tl/t-OEkOyNvlll

Thank you for trying!

Regards,
Alex
I just noted that I was running the 8115 build and not the current 8120 so I tried to download it but the "we transfer" file is no longer available at the wetransfer file service site.

Is this the new way to distribute builds so we have to quickly download stuff before the links expires ?

Anyone have a working link or can reupload 8120 or point me to where I can find the file ?

Regards, Anders

Can I have a new download link please? The old one is expired.

The link https://we.tl/t-rRouAqE5Gl still works for 6 more days..

Just a serious question, Before there was builds embedded in various threads and sometimes the first post got new builds and during the same time we had the really great place where one could always (not really) find latest builds for linux and that would still be a very good place for me at least to go to for current builds. Will this be updated or is that a thing of the past ?
https://www.u-he.com/downloads/linux/beta/

As of now, I have to subscribe to various threads to be able to get new builds and if I miss some posts,I will have to request reuploads from someone due to link expirations.

We also have the reddit site or is that obsolete by now ?

Oh, I forgot, There are official builds on the main u-he site too but they tend to be a bit outdated which of course is understandable.

I have also asked U-he support about the ZebraHZ 2.8 linux build since i am eager to get the new preset browser on that plugin too for consistency but they directed me to kvraudio since abique is here but I have not found any news so I am kinda lost there too

Am I the only one having trouble navigating U-he linux beta land and if so, can someone give clear information on the way this is supposed to work ?

I am really happy about the products and I have purchased a lot of them and plan to continue to support everything U-he will create but it is quite hard to follow the beta trail.

Thanks Abique! Taken this build to a park and it worked great, not a single crash, pleasure to use!

Tested in BWS,Ardour,Mixbus32C and Carla

When downloading new presets like the TAROT set from Alexander Hacke. Where should these files go in Linux exactly?

All sound sets go into ..//Hive/Presets/Hive/ isn't it ? That's where all my sound sets are and 1.2 deals with that seemingly nicely. The database is in sqlite and is a different entity than the physical files they represent, isn't it ?

Thanks. It worked, I just had to use a new instance of HIVE.

I hope that u-he will post a fix, or a workaround in his .uhm files,
For me the best fix i found is :

With Root# access ...

Code: Select all

nano /usr/share/applications/bitwig-studio.desktop
Then edit the line containing :

Exec="/usr/bin/bitwig-studio"
Replace by :

Exec=env LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8 /usr/bin/bitwig-studio
Now it's ok for your Hive preset selection with no "." or "," error in .uhm files.

Happy new years 2019 to all of you, :party:

Thanks to u-he for those marvelous peace of software ... working perfectly under GNU/linux, that's great. :tu:

ledufakademy wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:51 pm
... snip ...

With Root# access ...

nano /usr/share/applications/bitwig-studio.desktop
Then edit the line containing :

Exec="/usr/bin/bitwig-studio"
Replace by :

Exec=env LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8 /usr/bin/bitwig-studio
... snip ...
One can also put the desktop files in:

~/.local/share/applications
That way they won't need root access and the changes won't be overwritten by updates.

** EDIT **

Desktop files in the local directory take precedent over their system-wide counterparts.

Yep, that's cool ...
But the thing that is not cool (not your answer, because you're right) diva crash ... with "env"

But there is side effect !

When i put "env LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8"
Diva plugins is not loading under Bitiwg, what the f**k !

u-he need to fix this, i've just buy Hive (119€) ... and now diva is not working ... with this fix , so "," and "." issue in Hive need to be fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ledufakademy wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:39 pm Yep, that's cool ...
But the thing that is not cool (not your answer, because you're right) diva crash ... with "env"

u-he need to fix this, i've just buy Hive (119€) ... and now diva is not working ... with this fix , so "," and "." issue in Hive need to be fix.
Hi,

I'm sorry, the holidays got in the way. I can make a quick fix, but our team isn't working until next week. It would IMHO be a bit risky to post this version, but I can do it...

- Urs

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:25 pm
ledufakademy wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:39 pm Yep, that's cool ...

Hi,

I'm sorry, the holidays got in the way. I can make a quick fix, but our team isn't working until next week. It would IMHO be a bit risky to post this version, but I can do it...

- Urs
hey, this is NOT urgent, no problem.
Hollydays are hollydays !
;-), have a good time instead.

Note : u-he product give linux community a VERY VERY powerfull synth sound, thanks.

I have the same opinion. Get your well deserved rest and we will wait patiently

Hi all.
Those workarounds do not work for me, currently.
My LC_NUMERIC *is* set to en_US.UTF-8 but Hive doesn't load most of the .uhm files.
I have to say that I am Italian and all the other LC_* are it_IT.UTF-8
And, actually, Diva (demo) works for me, even with the us_US.UTF-8 stuff.
May I help trying anything for you on request?
My distribution is Ubuntustudio 18.10. Currently using Bitwig 2.5beta2, but it was the same with 2.4.3.
My other u-he products, Presswerks and Zebra2 works perfectly (waiting for darkzebra 2.8 port to Linux and Zebra3 to come).
Fabrizio

Return to “u-he Linux support”