Hive 1.2 (rev 8120)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I hope you like our new home (some might call it Dungeon).

Here's a new build for Hive with a fix for the XY menu which had no effect.

https://we.tl/t-OEkOyNvlll

Thank you for trying!

Regards,
Alex

Awesome! Appreciate the update including the Wavetable features. Will you still post builds to http://uhedownloads.heckmannaudiogmb.ne ... guin/beta/ ?
Creator of Bitwiggers, the place to share Bitwig Presets.
Advocate for Bitwish, the place to vote on Feature Requests and discuss Bitwig.

For some presets it complains about missing uhm files, although they seem to be there.

https://paste.pics/42ab3cc5938263b8b9c756fddfe21197

The missing file is in
/home/lentferj/.u-he/Hive/Wavetables/FM/FM Feedback.uhm

$ ls -l "/home/lentferj/.u-he/Hive/Wavetables/FM/FM Feedback.uhm"
-rw-r--r-- 1 lentferj lentferj 166 Dez 12 08:27 /home/lentferj/.u-he/Hive/Wavetables/FM/FM Feedback.uhm

EDIT: this example is from "AZ Red Bass" preset

lentferj wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:36 am For some presets it complains about missing uhm files, although they seem to be there.
I have the same Problems in many Wavetablet Presets.

Hum, strange I can load AZ Red Bass without issue.

tom can you list a few other presets that cause an issue for you?

What happens guys if you store a preset which is using a wavetable, can you re-open it?

ARK Electric Ruler
ARK Prodigal Slicer
AS Future Talking
AZ Amorphous
AZ Clean Beats
AZ Wave Square
AZ Zipper

I am on Debian 9 and my home is a xfs filesystem, if that matters. At first I thought it was an issue with spaces in the uhm filenames, but it also complains about "Zipper.uhm" in AZ Zipper preset.

I tried both, VST2 and VST3 in Bitwig 2.4.3 and VST2 in Mixbus 5 - same issue.
Last edited by lentferj on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did you try to create your own preset?

I took "ARK Digital Cloud" and modified it a bit and saved it to /User as "ARK Digital Cloud JL". Seems to work without issues.

I had a problem with Bitmax.uhm not being seen although there. Only once. And that was when I installed Hive in it's own directory. I then copied all of the new version files and directories over the existign ones and it seems to be fine. Great sounds !

The X/Y coordinates are not shared with the DAW (Bitwig). Bitwig will surface up any shared parameter modified by the user so that make sit easy for the user to modulate them, no need to search. When moving around the X/Y control there's one parameter 'X/Y:X4' that's bubbled up by Bitwig but it's not moving at all when the control is moving.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

abique wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:53 pm Hum, strange I can load AZ Red Bass without issue.

tom can you list a few other presets that cause an issue for you?
Hi abique, yes i can
ARK Electric Ruler ( zipper.uhm) could not be found
ARK Prodigal Slicer (Big Bells.uhm)
ARK Tinker Chime ( Big Bells.uhm)
AS Future Talking (Tutorial 1- Wave.uhm)
AZ Amorphous ( Lately FM.uhm)
AZ Clean Beats (Bit Redux FM SAW.uhm)
AZ Conspiracy ( Big Redux FM SAW.uhm)
AZ Convanent (Tubular Bells.uhm)
AZ Dark World (Sync Sines+Noise.uhm)
AZ Diving (Zipper.uhm)
AZ Frozen (SN808.uhm)
... and so on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Having the same problem also when browsing through the Wavetable files directly on the WT1 page. It is odd, that some uhm files are "found" while others are not, but the files with that name are clearly there. Inspecting them does not seem to reveal any noticable difference. Maybe the error message is misleading and there is some problem with loading certain math functions.

Still loving the update though,
Cheers!

More hints: I manually copied uhm files that were not found to a different name, and after refreshing, those too could not be loaded ("found") either although their name can be seen on the WT1 screen and the RMB menu. When uhm files are not "found" Hive presents a sinewave. It is always the same files that are not "found".

Another update: it seems an uhm file works when I take out the fractions: 3.1 or 3.0 does not load, whole integers like 3 for itself work.
Last edited by f0recast on Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Those who have the problems, which Distro and version are you on?

lentferj wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:15 pm Those who have the problems, which Distro and version are you on?
Having this on Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS with Bitwig 2.4.3 as well as on an up-to-date Arch with Reaper.

Return to “u-he Linux support”