Linux 'most' stable versions ?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time maybe for a sticky post in the subforum with the latest released versions?

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:42 pm Note:

It is as it has always been: There is no Linux developer at u-he headquarters, no linux-savvy support staff and not even anyone who uses Linux on a regular basis. This will not change unless Linux market share pays for two full time employees. All we have is some infrastructure (servers and stuff) and our QA tests basic functionality.

We are still happy to have Abique build Linux versions, and we're happy to pay for that, because maybe it'll pay off in the long run. But it also means, Abique is the only person who can offer support. As Abique moved all discussion to Reddit, he will not give support on KVR.

But anyhow, we might get that subforum now, so maybe we can get Abique back over here.
Thanks for the subforum and for the Linux support Urs; for a few of us U-HE and Bitwig do really make the difference.

hihu wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:40 am The VST3 versions of the plugins do not work very well because they forget the loaded patch when I close the plugin and reopen it again.

But I think this is mentioned somewhere by Abique.
I reported this to Abique too; both here and in reddit; we should open a thread about this, not sure this problem was Linux-specific.

Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/UheOnLinux/com ... d/e3po1g7/

It should be fixed now, you can check with Twangstrom.

As far as I know, u-he recommends Ubuntu LTS and I think Debian stable releases. I'm using Debian stable. Debian 9.5 with MATE has been so good to me so far... I love it to the bone and wholeheartedly laugh at Windows [especially 8 and 10] guys beating the dead cow. At this time, I would rather use MacOS for audio work, but I have high hopes for Linux and I use it daily for everything. Debian 9.6 stable with MATE DE, that is. Incredible OS. And since Linux is so flexible that it can easily be adapted for any kind of use [phones, devices of any kind] I have absolutely no doubt in its future. And it's not that dependant on money. Corporations can go down. Linux won't, ever. :) d=;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:30 pm and wholeheartedly laugh at Windows [especially 8 and 10] guys beating the dead cow.
I think you might have that scenario backwards :wink:
Cheers

abique wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:29 pm It should be fixed now, you can check with Twangstrom.
Indeed, fix confirmed, thanks a lot!

Return to “u-he Linux support”