DIVA - noise burst - Build 4408

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm having a problem with DIVA and I'm curious if anyone else ran into the same issue.

I'm using Debian / Stretch with Renoise (v 3.1.1) and DIVA from the U-he website. Today DIVA generated a clipping burst of noise when playing around with the Juno 60 preset. It happened already two times. The project is completely empty with only one DIVA instance and the issue is not related to the sound server Jack.

I didn't test other DAWs like REAPER at the moment. Is the 4408 version generally working with Linux or are there any problems known? Is there maybe any other version I can try?

Thanks & Cheers

Here are the new Versions
viewtopic.php?f=292&t=519252

Thanks & Testing :)

Did not happen again. Maybe it was a tool in Renoise that caused the problem. So, with DIVA all seems to be fine (as expected :D )

Hm.. the burst happened again with REV 8272 :? Sometimes also DIVA is making no sound at all. After reloading it, it is working again.

The burst noise occurred several times (but not reproducible) when the automated VCF1 cutoff frequency reaches 0%. Does this make sense or can there be any problem related to the VCF1 frequency? Maybe renoise is sending some strange values?

First it's a loud distorted sound and then it fades out automatically. If it helps I can try to record it, I just don't know by what it's triggered. Is there any chance to debug that? Renoise logs show nothing.

See also this screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/R5UOwD8.png

lilith93 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:34 pm Hm.. the burst happened again with REV 8272 :? Sometimes also DIVA is making no sound at all. After reloading it, it is working again.

The burst noise occurred several times (but not reproducible) when the automated VCF1 cutoff frequency reaches 0%. Does this make sense or can there be any problem related to the VCF1 frequency? Maybe renoise is sending some strange values?

First it's a loud distorted sound and then it fades out automatically. If it helps I can try to record it, I just don't know by what it's triggered. Is there any chance to debug that? Renoise logs show nothing.

See also this screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/R5UOwD8.png
I've had a very similar issue on Windows in Ableton Live since some Diva versions. Was in contact with support, but they cant reproduce it. Have already send videos.
What I did was modulate vcf cutoff with lfo2, the initial preset modulation actually.

I don't think it's because of 0 % cutoff, but it seems to be related to cutoff. Strange that no one else has such issues. Maybe I should try an older version?

Do you have a recording of the noise? Curious if it is the same.

I read in the DIVA manual that it´s possible to make a log file:
If you are truly stuck, you can contact us via our support page. You could also help us improve
Diva by sending us a log file: To set this up, create a new text file and name it Diva.log (not
Diva.txt). Once the problem occurs, quit your host application and send a copy of Diva.log to
support@u-he.com together with a short explanation of the problem. Please also state your
operating system and host application. Thanks in advance
Is this possbile for linux too and where should this file be located?

I reported it here 1 year ago:
viewtopic.php?p=7032489#p7032489
You can see the noise at 0-20 hz in the Equilibrium analyzer.

dermage wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:25 pm I reported it here 1 year ago:
Thanks. In my case it's different as it's quite comparable to white noise.

lilith93 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:07 pm
Yes, I hear a white noise burst too in the beginning, but afterwards it stays in this state.

dermage wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:55 pm
lilith93 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:07 pm
Yes, I hear a white noise burst too in the beginning, but afterwards it stays in this state.
Ok, then it might be the same. During the last 2 hours it was working again.

Now it happened again that DIVA just became silent without producing any sound. I made a small video how it hehaves:

In the beginning you see DIVA without producing sound. There is some signal in the scope view though. After starting playback there's a short pop, but no pad sound. When switching presets there's also a short burst of noise and some presets do sound but others don't (like the MK Bass Picked Vari preset, which works at the some position after reloading DIVA). Only the cutoff is automated.

At 4:10 you hear the pad sound of the first preset after reloading DIVA. If anyone has any idea this would be great. Does it makes sense to use any older version?

https://vimeo.com/327456413

After watching the video again.. maybe there's a bug in the HPF Post Module. The pop sound comes when switching from or to presets containing HPF Post and the presets which are silent are also the ones with HPF Post. I try to replace the module and see if I still get the issues.

Return to “u-he Linux support”