Hive 1.2 (rev 8120)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I do not have this problem (after the initial one as mentioned above, that is before installing Hive 1.2 over the previous version) so I can list the OS nevertheless:

Linux Mint 18.0 KDE
Bitwig 2.4.3

What I did is:

1) Installed (1) Hive 1.2 in its very own new directory
-> Missing Bitmax.uhm file

2) Installed (1) Hive 1.2 in the same directory as the previous Hive version

3) Deleted the new Hive-1.2 directory

(1): By "Installed" I mean unarchived the distribution file and did a 'cp -R' of the contents to the correct plugin location, in my case: /B3/Plugins/u-he/Hive/

Cheers.

Same issue here with Debian Stable / Reaper / XFCE Desktop

Some wavetables which are not found:

Big Bells.uhm
DX Piano.uhm
3 Overtone Series.uhm

Morph Sweep 1.uhm
Ten Tines.uhm

Dist Reso Sweep.uhm, etc. etc.

f0recast wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:08 pm Having the same problem also when browsing through the Wavetable files directly on the WT1 page. It is odd, that some uhm files are "found" while others are not, but the files with that name are clearly there. Inspecting them does not seem to reveal any noticable difference. Maybe the error message is misleading and there is some problem with loading certain math functions.

Still loving the update though,
Cheers!

More hints: I manually copied uhm files that were not found to a different name, and after refreshing, those too could not be loaded ("found") either although their name can be seen on the WT1 screen and the RMB menu. When uhm files are not "found" Hive presents a sinewave. It is always the same files that are not "found".

Another update: it seems an uhm file works when I take out the fractions: 3.1 or 3.0 does not load, whole integers like 3 for itself work.
Good point! Seems that there's a problem with the decimal point. Replacing "." with "," works for me. I guess the solution would be to change the global setting of the decimal point from comma to point.

How can this be done in XFCE?

Mmmm... Must be something different... Modifying "FM Feedback" removing the dot doesn't solve the issue, while it seems to make "Big Bells" working in some ways.
I'm using UbuntuStudio 18.10 and Bitwig 2.4.3

Regards,
Fabrizio

lilith93 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:24 pm
f0recast wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:08 pm Another update: it seems an uhm file works when I take out the fractions: 3.1 or 3.0 does not load, whole integers like 3 for itself work.
Good point! Seems that there's a problem with the decimal point. Replacing "." with "," works for me. I guess the solution would be to change the global setting of the decimal point from comma to point.

Although I consider this only a workaround, it seems to do the trick. You can just enter

Code: Select all

export LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
into a terminal and then start your DAW from there. I don't think that XFCE has such detailed language settings, but if you want to make it permanent, you could probably add the above to your .bashrc or .bash_profile in your home directory and re-login.

Hoping for an official fix nonetheless. :wink:

f0recast wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:27 am
Although I consider this only a workaround, it seems to do the trick. You can just enter

export LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
into a terminal and then start your DAW from there. I don't think that XFCE has such detailed language settings, but if you want to make it permanent, you could probably add the above to your .bashrc or .bash_profile in your home directory and re-login.
I can confirm this.

export LC_NUMERIC="C"
fixed it for me.

Oh dear!
Thank you guys!
So it is likely a parsing error due to the locale. I did notify Urs, he'll look at it.

Eeek. Funny enough, I rewrote scanf() and other parts of the standard lib because of it, many years ago. Unfortunately Hive's formula parser uses a third party library which relies on standard C. I already patched it heavily, so maybe I can patch scanf() out of it as well, using my own code.

Sorry for that, it should be up and running in a few days.

Awesome :tu:

Great news.

Thanks for continued Linux support, with Hive, Bazille, and Zebra I am truly spoiled

Any news regarding the wave table parsing problem ?

I guess the solution would be to change the global setting of the decimal point from comma to point.

[/quote]
thunar -B

this opens a great bulk renaming panel,
search and replace being one of the functions.

You browse to the folder desired, drag-select
the files you wish to modify, and choose among
commonly needed modifications, a great tool.
For the galleries edification, thunar is the
package manager that comes with xfce,
used like pcmanfm, nautilus, dolphin, or
(pity-the-fool...) windows explorer.
Cheers

f0recast wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:08 pm I guess the solution would be to change the global setting of the decimal point from comma to point.

thunar -B

this opens a great bulk renaming panel,
search and replace being one of the functions.

Using the panels browse capability, go to the folder desired,
drag-select or click the files you wish to modify, and choose among
commonly needed modifications, a great tool.
For the gallery's edification, thunar is the
package manager that comes with xfce,
used like pcmanfm, nautilus, dolphin, or
(pity-the-fool...) windows explorer.
Cheers

Ok, thanks for the suggestion but I will wait to see if a proper fix of Hive will come out in a not too distant future.

I have a lot of computers and don't want to do fixes unless really necessary.

/Anders

Return to “u-he Linux support”