ArcSyn updated to v4.0.0

Official support for: spcplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ArcSyn

Hi there, ArcSyn has been updated to v4.0.0. It now has a resizeable GUI and a VST3 version.
  • Note 1: You will need to enter your license details again because v4.0.0 stores them in a different format. If you can't remember your details, please visit: https://www.spcplugins.com/recovery and enter your email address to receive your details again.
  • Note 2: ArcSyn v4.0.0 has switched it's codebase to JUCE to allow the GUI to be resized, and because previous versions were based on the now outdated VST2 code.
  • Note 3: I'm currently using the unpaid JUCE license which explains why there is a "Made with JUCE" popup when ArcSyn is opened. I'll look into switching to a paid license, but SPC Plugins is a very small developer with a turnover well below the £50,000 limit for the unpaid JUCE license.

SPC Plugins wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:36 am Hi there, ArcSyn has been updated to v4.0.0. It now has a resizeable GUI and a VST3 version.
  • Note 1: You will need to enter your license details again because v4.0.0 stores them in a different format. If you can't remember your details, please visit: https://www.spcplugins.com/recovery and enter your email address to receive your details again.
  • Note 2: ArcSyn v4.0.0 has switched it's codebase to JUCE to allow the GUI to be resized, and because previous versions were based on the now outdated VST2 code.
  • Note 3: I'm currently using the unpaid JUCE license which explains why there is a "Made with JUCE" popup when ArcSyn is opened. I'll look into switching to a paid license, but SPC Plugins is a very small developer with a turnover well below the £50,000 limit for the unpaid JUCE license.
Thanks for your work :party: :hug:

125% view combined with one-page controls = perfect :)

Thank you.

Thanks for this update.
Really appreciated!

Thank you for your great work, Steven!

ArcSyn has become one of my main synths alongside with Diva, Repro, Bazille, Serum, Legend and some others. It's just great! It has a really sweet combination of features and a beautiful sound. Can't say enough good things about it :) It's a shame that this synth is so underrated.

SPC Plugins wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:36 amHi there, ArcSyn has been updated to v4.0.0.
Please check your compatibility with Bitwig (2.5 or 3, but also earlier) and Reason 10.4 (and earlier), because for me - on Windows 10 1903 - neither 64-bit VST2 or VST3 show shapes in the LFO windows on the bottom. I remember this was also the case some months ago when I demoed v2 of ArcSyn, but I never bothered to check before buying v4 as I assumed it's been fixed while moving to different GUI framework...

If that helps, it seems to work just fine in Live 10.1
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:17 pm
Please check your compatibility with Bitwig (2.5 or 3, but also earlier) and Reason 10.4 (and earlier), because for me - on Windows 10 1903 - neither 64-bit VST2 or VST3 show shapes in the LFO windows on the bottom. I remember this was also the case some months ago when I demoed v2 of ArcSyn, but I never bothered to check before buying v4 as I assumed it's been fixed while moving to different GUI framework...

Hi antic604,

I've just tried ArcSyn in BitWig 2.51 on Windows 10 (latest version) and I'm not seeing any problem with the LFO waveform displays. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to add attached images, otherwise I could include a screenshot.) I don't have enough HD space to install Reason at the moment as it's a huge 3.7GB download, but I had it installed only a couple of months ago and didn't notice any LFO waveform display problems then.

One possibility is that you may be unaware that ArcSyn's LFOs only display animated waveforms if they are routed to something in the matrix (as a CPU-saving measure). Maybe that is what you're seeing? (Or rather, not seeing!)

SPC Plugins wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:36 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi antic604,

I've just tried ArcSyn in BitWig 2.51 on Windows 10 (latest version) and I'm not seeing any problem with the LFO waveform displays. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to add attached images, otherwise I could include a screenshot.) I don't have enough HD space to install Reason at the moment as it's a huge 3.7GB download, but I had it installed only a couple of months ago and didn't notice any LFO waveform display problems then.

One possibility is that you may be unaware that ArcSyn's LFOs only display animated waveforms if they are routed to something in the matrix (as a CPU-saving measure). Maybe that is what you're seeing? (Or rather, not seeing!)
Thanks. I'm out of home for the weekend but I'll record a video when I'm back. What I'm doing is just going through the presets and after a while (say 15-20 presets?) the displays get black where there is something and grey(ish) where the LFOs are inactive. I did the same in Live and this wasn't happening.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Hi there, ArcSyn has been updated to v4.0.0. It now has a resizeable GUI and a VST3 version.
Wow, thank you so much! I've had an eye on this synth for a long time but this kept me from buying it. Will definitely buy it as soon as I can! Can't wait for it. Thank you!

Return to “SPC Plugins”