I hope you fix the GUI soon

Official support for: spcplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the synth but cannot use the functions at the bottom of the synth because the GUI cannot be resized. My laptop has a 1366 x 768 resolution.

ArcSyn v4.0.0 is planned to have a resizeable GUI. It's already 95% working here in beta, but has been totally rewritten to use JUCE, so will need a *lot* of beta testing. Also, the makers of JUCE have just changed their parameter system so I may need to rewrite v4.0.0 again to accomodate those changes.

V4 ?! I haven't even got a wishlist together for V3 yet :lol:

Seriously though one thing I really like about ArcSyn is that it doesn't have any tabbed parameter pages. I get that monster synths like Omni or Zebra need a lot of real estate, but ArcSyn is incredibly space efficient. I'd hate to see it go to multiple pages.

Oh nice, then I will definitely wait to that new version to buy the synth... Tested it today and :O it really has a nice characterful sound. I'm trying to substitute my iLok licensed synths and with this one I will be done.

Hi, I checked out the demo (v3) because I've been listening to a bunch of tracks that were made with Arcsyn and I enjoy the sounds you can make with it. I'm new to producing with synths and was looking for a good first synth to learn with. Recently I upgraded my screen and then found that the font in the Arcsyn window is really hard to read. I never thought that this kind of stuff would play an important role when making decisions on what software to use, but there I was, constantly getting close to the screen in order to be able to read things. Resizable GUIs make a big difference and I'm looking forward to testing the demo of v4 as soon as it comes out.

PS If you're rewriting the entire synth in a new programming language, does that mean that it will behave differently, have different stability and perhaps produce sound in a different way?

Verde wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:49 pm PS If you're rewriting the entire synth in a new programming language, does that mean that it will behave differently, have different stability and perhaps produce sound in a different way?
It's not a different language but a framework which provides basic functionality for the synth. Like DAW connectivity or automation/parameter handling.
It should not sound different as the dsp code is not rewritten. Usually synth coders also have null tests to check if the sound has changed, which is undesirable for minor updates.

Jorgeelalto wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:12 pm Oh nice, then I will definitely wait to that new version to buy the synth... Tested it today and :O it really has a nice characterful sound. I'm trying to substitute my iLok licensed synths and with this one I will be done.
So, I ended up buying it a few days after my comment... Didn't wait for the new version, and I'm glad I didn't. One of the things I like about it is the GUI, compact and tight, I don't know how it was coded but it's cool for me. Will definitely keep the 3.0 version alongside 4 :D

Are there any alternative skins available somewhere? Amazing synth, but really horrible UI :cry:

Return to “SPC Plugins”