Skins

Official support for: spcplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to make your own skins? A really good synth like this needs a really good GUI and none of the options work for me. I need something that differentiates the different sections more, as I find myself stopping to check that I'm moving the right control far too often. Even putting a different background image in would be enough. Needless to say, it's something I would happily share (for free, of course) and you could include it with the instrument if you wanted to (probably best to wait until you see it before you decide on that, though).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hi BONES, the answer is a qualified yes. It's possible to create a new skin, but the png images which make the skin are embedded into ArcSyn's code when it's built and not just loaded from disk when it's run, so it's not a simple procedure.

If you want to have a go, I can send you the original png files so you can see what work would be involved. Some parts of the GUI, such as the LFO waveform displays and menus are rendered in software, so you'd also need to specify the colours for them.

Incidentally, now that ArcSyn uses JUCE for its GUI, it's also possible to create controls entirely in software if you want that flat look.

I'd love to have a go. I've PM'd you my email address.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

By "In software" you mean vectors ?
Very happy about the now resizable ui, thats amazing !!
The dark Satyatunes skin looks good to me, but id prefer a simpler, flat, vector based one indeed.

Cheers and thanks for the updates !

Yes, that's what he means.

Return to “SPC Plugins”