32 posts since 8 Oct, 2018

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:16 am

SPC Plugins wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:29 am
focusrite wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:31 pm
Breach The Sky wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:40 am
Have you considered adding stereo spread to the unison?
+1 0000000000000
The only way in which you can have oscillator outputs with stereo spread is by also having stereo filters, and a routing arrangement which can handle stereo signals. It would *probably* be possible to implement this in ArcSyn, but as you can imagine, rewriting all the filters to handle stereo signals would be quite a lot of work (and a lot of debugging!). I can say that this definitely won't be making it into v3.0.0 :(

But it is possible to get one stereo filter simply by setting both filters to the same settings except for their output panning (filter 1 panned to L, filter 2 to R), then routing the oscillators something like: oscillator 1 to filter 1, oscillator 2 to filter 2, then oscillator 3 to both filters.

I've attached a program which does this. (Please let me know if this works, as I've not tried attaching a program before.)
Yes, I know this. :) Unison stereo spread would be slightly easier to work with. I didn't realize the filters where mono so I understand that it's a lot of work. No worries tough, you can also get a pretty nice stereo image with a simple chorus or stereo effect! What makes Arcsyn good is the non-supersaw like experimental glitchy stuff imo. These types of sounds manages to sound very "clean" in this synth.

SPC Plugins
KVRist
79 posts since 28 Aug, 2011 from United Kingdom

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:54 am

I've uploaded a new build of ArcSyn v3.0.0 which implements the 20 minute, no-noise demo system which people have asked for. It also properly defaults to the Satyatunes skin. (Which was supposed to happen already, but didn't), and fixes some small issues with the Satyatunes skin around the Arp rate menu and the effects mix label.

SPC Plugins
KVRist
79 posts since 28 Aug, 2011 from United Kingdom

Re: ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:57 am

I've uploaded yet another new build of ArcSyn v3.0.0. This build fixes a problem where the previous build would produce stuck notes in ROTATE voice mode, and also prevents the file selector opening in DEMO mode if the SAVE button is clicked. The central display also shows "NOT IN DEMO" when the mouse pointer is over the SAVE button.

Return to “SPC Plugins”